Friday, May 15, 2015

Daily Chronological Bible in NKJV Edition by B&H Publishing Group

B&H Publishing Group has provided us with some outstanding Bibles. If you are searching for a Bible you are to surely find the perfect Bible for you. I have been reading through the Daily Chronological Bible in the NKJV version. 

This is a really cool Bible. I was excited to receive it. I had always heard people speak about how they loved a chronological Bible. Well, now I understand why. 

This Bible is divided into three parts or acts. 
  • God's Plan For All People.
  • God's Covenant People.
  • God's New Covenant People
These three acts are divided into scenes, seventeen in all.
  • The first act is divided into three scenes.
  • The second act is divided into nine scenes.
  • The third act is divided into five scenes


For instance when you open the Bible to Act 1 you find three scenes. 
  • Creation.
  • The Fall.
  • The Flood
Act 2 begins with:
  •  Scene 1: The People: God Calls a Covenant People
  • Scene 2: Deliverance
  • Scene 3:The Sinai Covenant and Law
  • Scene 4: The Land: God's Place for His People.
  • Scene 5: Kings and Prophets


In each act we are given the Setting, Main Characters, and the Plot Summary. This Bible follows a 52 week reading program with 6 readings a week. There are color maps that are a great tool and an Index of Scripture Passages

I enjoy this Bible for many reasons. The first is that as I wake with coffee I can grab this Bible and begin with today's reading. If I were to begin at the beginning in Genesis I would find Act 1, Scene 1 Creation: The God of All of Life. Week 1/Day 1 readings begin with Genesis 1-2. Day 2 travels to John 1:1-3, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (vs.1-2). Now it moves to Psalm 8, Psalm 104, and on day 3 we pick back up with Genesis 3-5. 

On week 44/Day 1 we are on Act 3 Scene 3: Christ's Deliverance of His People. These are the readings for this day.
  1. Matthew 26:6-13
  2. Mark 14:3-9
  3. John 11:55-12:11
  4. Matthew 21:1-22
  5. Mark 11:1-26
  6. Luke 19:28-48
  7. John 12:12-36
  8. John 2:13-25
and now we are at Day 2.

See, in Week 41/Day 4 we begin with Matthew 5-7, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (vs.5:3). We then read Luke's account in 6:20-49. And we pick back up at Matthew chapter 8 in the next day's reading. 

It is my hope that I am not making this confusing, because it is so simple. This is why I love this Bible. You know how you pick up your Bible and read the account of Christ's birth in Matthew and then wonder what it says in the other Books? This Bible brings all of those scriptures together in one day's reading. It gives the reader a greater understanding and brings the Bible together in a way that makes it clear. 

Now when we reach Act 3 we have God's New Covenant People. It begins with Scene 1:
  • Christ's Coming.
  • Christ's Deliverance of His People.
  • Christ's Church.
  • Christ's Second Coming and Reign.
I find this Bible to be very helpful in placing everything in order. Scripture that matches scripture that gives me a precise understanding. This is a great Bible to read from alone or in coordination with a Study Bible. I believe in having every tool I can access to help me grow in my walk with the Lord. 

I have the hardcover version. It too comes in a paperback selection. Please head over to the site and check out this Bible. I think it's one you will really enjoy reading from on a daily basis. The readings are not long. You could easily enjoy your reading with coffee and even a friend. Then you have the entire day to ponder the reading. That's the whole idea, right? To ponder the Word! 

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you decide to purchase this Bible! Enjoy:) 


This Bible was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...