Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Praying God's Word Day by Day (A Year of Devotional Prayer) by Beth Moore

Do you enjoy devotionals? I love them. They keep me motivated. I keep a devotional on my nightstand and at my desk for encouragement and wisdom. 

This devotional is pretty amazing, but then again everything Beth Moore does is outstanding in my book. This woman has helped guide me to Jesus on more days that I can count. She has inspired me to simply allow Jesus to love me and to stay in the Word until He's done. That's mighty good stuff right there. 

This is a dated devotional. The devotions are short. This is what I love about this book. Beth takes her words from Praying God's Word and shares them here. No, it's not the exact same wording, but the premise here is to start the day in prayer. These short devotionals are perfect for that. Beth prays with us. 

Here is the devotion from March 12:

Humility takes a supply of supernatural strength that comes only to those strong enough to admit weakness. 

Lord Jesus, I acknowledge to You that  have been led astray. But I know the reason You appeared on this earth, Lord, was to die for us and be raised again to destroy the devil's work (1 John 3:7-8). Lord, I have been a willing party to the devil's work. Please destroy the works he has accomplished in me and through me. Set me apart for Your work henceforth, O Lord. I willingly admit I am weak in my natural self. I used to offer the parts of my body in slavery to impurity, giving in to ever-increasing wickedness. But I now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness (Rom. 6:19).

Yes, this is what I love. Beth giving of herself, opening her heart for all to see, and sharing the Word. She is a woman on fire for the Lord and in this devotional we can clearly see her heart and God's passion for us to cling to Him, to call to Him, and to spend time with Him. Spending time in prayer with Him is most important and Beth teaches us this valuable lesson as she gears us to beginning each day with the Word and praying the Word. Not just what we want, but the will of God through His Word. This gives the Holy Spirit room to move in our hearts.

This is a keeper for sure and would make for a great gift!!

This devotional was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Beth Moore is a writer and teacher of best-selling books and Bible studies whose public speaking engagements carry her all over the United States. A dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters, Moore lives in Houston, Texas, where she is president and founder of Living Proof Ministries.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...