Friday, September 19, 2014

Paul (90 Days on His Journey of Faith) by Beth Moore

Do you love studies? Well, friends, this is one you want to grab up! It didn't take me 90 days to get through this study. I sat each morning and absorbed Beth's words into my soul.

First I must share how beautiful this book is. This signature series is just exquisitely gorgeous.

Beth has a gift to create inviting. Hospitality on paper. Penned from the heart to the heart. I have read Acts before. Many times. Read the books penned by Paul. I have always admired him and found him fascinating and inspiring.

Beth's words are wonderful and powerful. I walk away with a better understanding of Paul and of God's Word. I read these words with an open heart. Praying for God to show me His Word and to be changed. He did and I am. I was touched sweetly, convicted, and found the same treasured grace in Jesus that Paul also found.

Paul's life is truly encouraging to the Christian. We see his life as Saul. The sinner saved on the road to Damascus. We witness his transformation. His blessings and trials. The joys and fears of his journey. Beth gives the reader a wonderfully open portrait of the man Paul was. He was sold out for Jesus. His journey of yesterday is extremely inspiring to us who are traveling this life today.

She begins by sharing the scripture verse for the lesson. She doesn't do all the work for you. She invites you to pick up your Bible and dive in. She begins with the book of Acts and with each lesson she shares more and more scripture. She gives a short verse and then a few questions to ponder. I found these questions to be heart digging.

After you spend time in the Word, and then pondering Beth's questions, she shares Paul's journey. We see his steps. I can tell you that my view on Paul's life is so very clear now. At the end of each lesson Beth adds a prayer. Such beauty from her heart and added scripture bring this book to life for the reader.

This study is set up for a 90 day study. Reviewing doesn't give me 90 days. So each day I soaked in a few hours each morning until the last page was turned. I'm sad to see this lesson come to a close. But I will now be traveling on with David and doing this study for review. Can't wait to share all that I have learned and loved about this one!

This book is a keeper. Once you place it in your hands and open the pages you will understand the beauty I am trying to describe. This would make an amazing gift, a great study for a SS class, and a small group setting. I would have loved to have a few friends gathered around me to ponder the lessons along with me.

This book was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Beth Moore is a writer and teacher of best-selling books and Bible studies whose public speaking engagements carry her all over the United States. A dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters, Moore lives in Houston, Texas, where she is president and founder of Living Proof Ministries.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...