Monday, January 13, 2014

Stranger Things by Erin Healy

I chose this selection from reading the description. It sounded like an amazing book. The cover caught my eye as did the author, Erin Healy. I had read, "Kiss", that she coauthored with Ted Dekker and truly enjoyed it. So, I was anticipating a great read. 

"Stranger Things", seemed more like a supernatural read for me. I never connected anywhere in the story. I gotta tell you most of the time I remained confused at which direction the story was moving. I didn't connect with the characters on any level. I would read a few chapters and go back and reread them thinking I missed something. 

This is the description that Thomas Nelson gives of this book:

(In the forest’s burned-out hollow, a house of dark secrets also glows with bright promise.
Serena’s career as a high school biology teacher comes to a halt when an angry student makes shocking accusations. Stunned and suspended, Serena retreats to the forest where she usually finds peace of mind. But on this day she encounters a killer and his prisoner—as well as a stranger who dies to save Serena’s life.
The stranger, Christopher, had dedicated his life to rescuing girls from forced prostitution—starting with his sister Amber. They formed a tiny nonprofit organization to protect girls and have been working furiously to bring down John Roman, the powerful criminal who first took Amber and has ruined scores of young women's lives since.
When Christopher’s grieving colleagues suspect Serena of being in league with Roman, her life spirals further out of control. How will she clear her name? Why did this stranger protect her with his life? And what is the meaning of the visions she sees every time she visits the gutted house where he died?)
In reading this description I thought this would be an intriguing read and one that I would be glued to. So, I must say, I am disappointed. It isn't like me not to enjoy some aspect of a book or to at least walk away with a gem of some kind. But this one leaves me stumped. 
This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

Erin Healy is the best-selling coauthor of Burn and Kiss (with Ted Dekker) and an award-winning editor for numerous best-selling authors. She has received  wide acclaim for her novels Never Let You Go, The Baker's Wife, House of Mercy, and Afloat. She and her family live in Colorado.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...