Monday, November 11, 2013

Raising Connor by Loree Lough

If it were not for Loree Lough I doubt I would have ever picked up a Harlequin book. I had those ideas of what I thought a Harlequin novel contained and it wasn't heartwarming Christian themes. But thanks to Loree I now know how wrong I was. Friends, there are some amazing books published by Harlequin. Don't let the name fool you. You can go to the website and find many novels to choose from that will leave your heart smiling. 

Raising Connor is part of the Heartwarming Selection at Harlequin. Another new release from Loree is, "Devoted To Drew". This is one I can't wait to read!!

Loree is at the top of my favorites list. I have had the pleasure of reading many of her books and I tell you, she just amazes me with the stories she brings. Just as in this one, the characters are real. They are family and friends we can connect to.  We see that every story doesn't end as we had hoped. It's hard to find a perfect ending in an imperfect world. But every once in a while we get that perfect ending. This is what Connor receives. 

Connor's parents are killed in an accident. He is left with Brooke, his aunt, only this isn't what his parents wished for. They want Connor to be raised by Hunter. Hunter happens to be a police officer who fell asleep on the job, during a robbery, that took the life of Connor's grandmother. Anger, resentment, and bitterness cloud Brooke. She has never been able to forgive. She hasn't understood how Connor's parents could have been such great friends with Hunter. But Hunter has been part of this family. He has loved Connor and wants to raise him. He uncovers the wishes of Connor's parents and now questions himself as to what he should do. 

This story is delightful. There are moments when I was cheering for Hunter. I would then turn and cheer for Brooke. Most of all, I cheered for Connor. You just wanted the best for these characters who leave an impact. Life is unexpected and so uncertain. It's so sweet to pick up a book and escape into another time and place that leaves us full. 

This book was a gift from Loree Lough for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...