Saturday, June 15, 2013

Deadly Devotion by Sandra Orchard

This is a book I would call an unputdownable! It is the first book I have read penned by Sandra Orchard. It certainly will not be the last. Deadly Devotion is so much more than a who done it book. It contains everything that makes for an outstanding book. I wouldn't be surprised to see this story on the big screen in the future. Yes, it is that good!

Sandra Orchard weaves a story together that kept me glued from the turn of the first page until I closed the last. Excellent writing that flowed as I uncovered more and more about each character. Okay, there are a lot of suspense novels out there. Great books, but this is beyond anything I expected. Most of the time I know  who done it after the second or third chapter. I didn't discover who done it until the last chapters! I love when a writer weaves a story that keeps you so glued your sad when you have turned the last page. The story escalated in perfect timing. The characters were real and one of the most amazing gifts that I see from Sandra Orchard is how she draws the reader in and gives a vision through her words.

I found this book to be intriguing and compelling. It's one of those stand out novels that you tell your friends about. It is the first in her new series called, Port Aster Secrets. I am super excited to see the next upcoming installment.

When I read the back cover I thought this book looked interesting, but friends, the back cover doesn't give all the secrets away and you won't be getting any from me. The front cover is captivating, just as I found the main characters, Kate Adams and Tom Parker to be. You will be introduced to many characters, but you will never be at loss in the story. Each character just adds more intrigue. I found myself saying, "Yep, I knew she did it", to only later saying, "No, oh, I knew it was him". I mean this town is filled with people who are possible suspects. Suspects of what? Murder. See, Kate's close friend, Daisy, dies unexpectedly. The coroner calls it suicide, but Kate knows her friend and with faith like her friend carried, Kate knew without a doubt it was no suicide. It is here the story begins to weave together. Kate is so frustrated she goes straight to the police station with her suspicions and this is where she meets former FBI agent Tom Parker. He is no push over. He is a man looking for facts and reason to reopen the case.

As the investigation goes forward, Kate is determined to find the killer. Kate is the kind of friend we all need on our side. She is so determined. Her character isn't of a weak woman who lives in fear. She is a strong woman who has faith and lives by a code of morals that sets her up to be a great example.

This book holds suspense, love, and faith. There is a perfect combination of ingredients that make this story come alive and makes you think Port Aster is in your backyard. Friends, if your on the search for a great summer suspense novel this is it!!


This book was a gift from Revell for sharing my review.

Sandra Orchard is an active member in American Christian Fiction Writers, The Word Guild, Romance Writers of America, and a local writing group. She recently participated in the Writers' Police Academy for hands-on training and simulations at a police training facility. She is the author of Shades of Truth, Critical Condition, and Deep Cover, which won the Canadian Christian Writing Award for romance in June 2012 and was recognized as one of the top five novels of the year by Family Fiction magazine. Sandra has also received a Daphne DuMaurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense in both the inspirational category and for best score overall. She lives in Niagara, Ontario, Canada. To find out more, please visit www.sandraorchard.com.

Sandra would love to connect with you on facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/SandraOrchard

To check out more about the book and to find bonus features just click on this link: http://sandraorchard.com/extras/bonus-book-features/


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...