Thursday, May 23, 2013

What Is Your Someday?

What is your someday? Oh, we all have them, don't we? When is the last time you pondered your someday?

Someday I will go to Paris.

Someday I will go visit my aunt.

Someday I will write that book.

Someday I will call my sister.

Someday I will purchase my mom a gift.

Someday I will seek out my daughter.

Someday I will tell my dad I'm sorry.

Someday I will go to church.

Someday I will find out what all this faith stuff is.

Someday I will..fill in the blank. What is your someday that is waiting? You know what happens to those somedays? They never come. Sure, we ponder them, but it ends there. We think we have more time. We see it as not important for today, but what happens when our someday gets lost in yesterday?

We all have somedays.

Someday I will ask her to marry me.

Someday I will go for that promotion.

Someday I will spend more time with my mom.

Someday I will take more time with my children.

You know what happens? Time passes and our children grow up. Mom passes away. That promotion goes to someone else who isn't waiting for a someday. By the time we get around to asking for her hand in marriage she grew tired of waiting and found a fella who wasn't afraid to move now.

Someday I will move on.

Someday I will change.

Someday I will start fresh.

Someday I will be a better wife.

Someday I will stop looking back.

The people in our lives are more important than the stuff in our lives we continue to accumulate. Success isn't climbing the later as the world teaches us. Success is being true to who you are and living your life to the fullest. We don't have to live an incomplete life. With Jesus, He completes us. He has given us dreams and has instilled us with gifts. He has our entire life planned out. Did you know that? He only wants the best for you. Friends, stop dragging your feet and making excuses. Being humble and meek isn't being weak. It's showing the strength and sweet grace of God.

I encourage you to make a list of your somedays and pray over them. Ask the Lord for His guidance. His will is for you to live a gracious, extraordinary life filled and running over with joy! Get started. You will find yourself pleasantly surprised at the things the Lord has for you today.

You know what I think? I think those somedays are kind of selfish. In those somedays we dream about we often say that we are just too busy right now. When things slow down then I will, but things never tend to slow down. In many ways we just continue to get busy. What are we busy with? The things we want to be busy with. We let those somedays go because we have taken today for granted. We might as well add tomorrow on there too, because we just assume we have tomorrow.

Someday I will begin eating right.

Someday I will start that diet.

Someday I will begin exercising.

Someday I will try for that marathon.

Think about how many somedays we have passed up. What has slipped away from us because we waited for someday, a day that never came? We spend our days grieving the past and wishing for peace. We put off what could be accomplished today for tomorrow. When tomorrow comes we are too busy and it gets pushed back even further. Why do we allow ourselves to take those around us for granted?

Don't wait for someday to tell your daddy your sorry.

Don't wait for someday to ask your momma for forgiveness.

Don't wait for someday to ask for a second chance at love.

Don't wait for someday to live.

What is it that your waiting for? Make today that perfect time. Enjoy this moment right now and live as if the next may not come. The longer we wait the harder it is. It's like going to the lake and finding that the water is ice cold. We either step in toe by toe or we just dive on in. Friends, it's time to dive! It's time to live before this life passes us up. We don't want to one day be sitting back thinking of all the somedays we passed up. That's a life of regret. Get out of that rocker and take the steps to grab hold of life today and actually live it!

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to rear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace." Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...