Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'm Being Transformed By His Word

I am in a new place in my journey with Jesus. Don't you love it when He brings you out from under the blankets to feel the warmth of the sun on your cheeks? That's what it is like waking up with Jesus. I open His Word and He shines upon me. My heart is warmed. I feel comforted and at peace in the moment. His Word comes alive and I see it as never before. It's like the words are lifted right off the pages as they enter into my heart. I wake and I hear Him call my name.

I am falling in love with His Word all over again. Remember when you first came to know Jesus? Everything was exciting. You were on a mission to learn as much as you could. You were on fire for Christ and there was nothing going to stop you. But then life happens and busy enters our day and Jesus gets pushed back. Oh sure, we go through the motions, but where is the meaning?

I don't want my life to be void of Jesus. Without Jesus there is no life. The Word is living! Praise Jesus! Does that excite you? Today it thrills me. I know without a doubt that when I read God's Word I'm about to be transformed.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Jesus has perfect timing. Isn't it amazing to be moved by His Word? Even better when we read His Word and it applies to what we are going through at that moment. There are times I'm reading and a few weeks later I realize He was preparing me ahead of time. Friends, that is a Jesus who loves. He is forever preparing us for what is to come. As I press on He is there with me leading the way. His Word is my foundation. My faith is growing stronger. My time spent with Him has become sweeter than ever before.

I don't want Jesus to fade from my life because of my laziness. I don't want to become stagnant. Just going through the motions is a dangerous place to be. Its a pit in disguise. Jesus wants to have an intimate relationship with us. Open His Word today. Challenge yourself to dive in. Live without regret. Be bold in your walk. Speak the Word of God through life before us. May our actions be a reflection of Him. Live today with purpose. Be diligent in the Word. Start a new study. Dive in to the life of Paul. Read about the faith of the Old Testament saints in Hebrews 12. Check out Timothy and see how he was encouraged by Paul. Open the sweet word of John and see Jesus come to life before your eyes. Take a trip down the Roman road. Visit the church of the Ephesians and Colossians. Read about how Christ is the Corner Stone of the church. See just how powerful love is in Corinthians.

Friends, we find strength in the Word. We are challenged to live differently. We are encouraged in a thousand different ways. We are comforted. Peace is found in the Word. Everything we are and everything we need is right here in the Word of God. As everything changes around us we can read God's Word and be sure that He is present, powerful and passionate about you.

Life can be difficult. We are challenged daily. Temptation is a moment away. Sin is knocking at the door. Hearts are breaking. We don't know where to turn or what to do when all seems to fall apart. Nothing seems secure any longer. Hope seems a million miles away. Make today the day everything changes. Allow Jesus a few minutes of your time and I promise He will change your life forever. Those few minutes will soon turn into a lifetime of walking with Jesus. Come on, dive in with me. You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...