Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Needing A Drink Of Faith?

Last summer my husband and our granddaughter were working in the garden picking tomatoes. Picture dirty feet and hands. The sun was shining brightly upon them as my husband showed Pip which tomato to pick. Soon enough they were working up a sweat. They are just having a ball. As I stood back and watched all I could see was simple beauty. A grandpa and his precious granddaughter laughing in the garden.

I hear Pip say, "Pa Pa, I need drink". Pa Pa did as any grandpa would do. He said to Pip, "Lets go get ourselves a drink", and she took his hand as they walked to the water pump. He reached for  the water hose. At first she wasn't quite sure of the hose and the water escaping from it. But, everything changed when Pa Pa took the first drink. First he washed Pip's hands and feet and tenderly held the hose so she could drink in the cool and refreshing water. Giggles began and beauty touched my eyes.

After they shared a drink from the hose, they were ready to head back to the garden for more picking and watering. A drink was all Pip needed to feel refreshed and energized. All you could hear was, "I do it Pa Pa. I do it".

"Jesus answered and said to her, 'Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:13-14

Children have such an unbelievable trust in those they love. Pip knows her Pa Pa and Nanny would do anything for her. We only want the best for her. We keep watch over her and protect her from harm. Our love for her is great. We pour out our love for her and in return we are filled until overflowing with hearts that melt at the mention of her name.

Our Father in heaven has a great and mighty love for us. Are you thirsty? Cup your hands together and drink from the fountain that will give you life. His love springs from a fountain that will never go dry. He makes a way for His children. Jesus has poured Himself out to us in only a way that He can. He quenches our thirst and as we drink a new peace washes over us.
 
"As a deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." Psalm 42:1-2a
 
Oh, how we grow tired and weary. We become overwhelmed with life issues. We can feel dirty and stained by all that has touched us. We work all day and what is there to show for our hard work? We can get so focused on the job that we forget to stop and take a break. Friend, is it time to take a break?
 
Daily I hear of friends going through such trying times. They are being pushed and pulled in every direction. It seems just a struggle to wake up. I too have been there. I will be there again as trials come my way. But I am learning not to dwell too long in my circumstance, but to spend time with the Lord. He has everything I need. Everything changes when He comes into the picture. Oh sure, that circumstance might still be facing you head on, but your perspective changes with a cool drink from the faith fountain. Spend as long as you need there. Find solace in His presence and His peace will cover your weary bodies. His strength will guide you to victory. His love will wash over you and leave you bathed in His grace.
 
"The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
 
It is my prayer that you can spend time with the Lord in the garden today. Being washed clean and touched with a new hope. The Lord will lead gently lead you to the spring of faith. It is there, friend, that your cup will always be overflowing.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...