Monday, September 3, 2012

Prayers Of A Stranger by Davis Bunn

The cover of this book grabbed my heart. A smiling woman, looking into a snow globe, with gloved hands. Almost as though she was searching and hoping for what was to come. This is a great Christmas read, but for me, it was an anytime read. One about the gift of prayer by those we may never meet in our lifetime. Prayer that touches the heavens and is heard by a Savior watching and ready to bless.

This was a lovely read. I enjoyed reading about two families. Both living close as neighbors, but as circumstances allow, they find they are much more than neighbors, but friends. Brothers and sisters in Christ. I loved the connection between these couples.

Davis Bunn takes us on a journey through some of the most difficult times in their lives and shows us that God is still in control. He shows us that prayer connects us in a great and mighty way. There is no prayer that is void when spoken in God's will.

It left me with the reminder of God's grace and as I was once lost, I am now found. As I read the pages it gave me the picture of letting go and letting God. There is a time to grieve and a time to heal. That timeline isn't always as we predict, but in God's perfect timing, He brings exactly what we need when we need it.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for its review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...