Monday, July 16, 2012

The Three T's

When we live a transparent life we allow others to see the real us. That can be hard, yes, but when we take off that mask there is a freedom and true beauty that lies beneath. Once that mask is off, a trueness is revealed. No more hiding. No more pretending.

We are a work in progress. Why not reveal our struggles as well as our trophy moments? When we congratulate someone it is because we have witnessed them working hard to overcome an obstacle. We have been cheering them on and when they cross the finish line we see in them a beauty of continued faith. They were able to look beyond the hardship and see a value in their accomplishments. We accomplish when we overcome.

It would give great hope to others as they are in trials if we would share what happens in those hours that no one is looking. Look at the glory God would gain if we simply lived a transparent life.

Transparent Permitting the uninterrupted passage of light. Easy to see through, understand, or recognize; obvious.

When we are transparent we are not holding back the true beauty of God. He can be seen in trial. In those hard times we want to hide from others, He is there wanting to be seen.

If we are transparent in our lives there is something miraculous that happens. We become translucent.  Those around us are able to see the light of glory as it happens in real time. Isn't that what our life is all about? Allowing Christ to shine through and be seen clearly?

Translucent Allowing light to pass through partially or diffusely.

Now, when I read this definition partially got me thinking. So, I searched the meaning of diffuse. It was then that it all made sense to me.

Diffuse To pour out and cause to spread freely.

To that I must give an Amen!

Yes, to live in such a way that Christ not only shines through but is spread about freely for all to see. That is how the gospel is carried to the hearts of men and women. It is through seeing Him freely in the lives of those who believe. It is in the heart of man who struggles and still holds to God's promises.

We are to be a body of believers set apart with a mission. A mission to spread the love of Christ. How better to do that then for the world to see us as we really are, struggles, accomplishments and all. We are perfected through Christ. He brings beauty from ash. He creates good from what is meant for evil. Each and every aspect of our lives are usable for God's glory.

When we are living transparent and translucent lives through Christ Jesus we are transformed from the old to the new. We are always changing. Only God remains the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. As we fix our eyes upon Him, He moves in us and through us, changing us. Creating us to be more like Him and to be the believers He has created us to be.

Transformed To change markedly the appearance or form of.

"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord-who is the Spirit-makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image."
1 Corinthians 3:18

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold new things have come."
2 Corinthians 5:17-18

"Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel, so that my imprisonment in the cause of Christ has become well known throughout the whole praetorian guard and to everyone else, 14and that most of the brethren, trusting in the Lord because of my imprisonment, have far more courage to speak the word of God without fear. Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice.Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."
Philippians 1:12-20

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to live my life as a direct light to You. May my words and actions be a reflection of my love for You. Give me the strength to remove my mask and not hide in my despair, but stand in the glory of tribulations that enter my life to bring me closer to You. May my life be witness of all You have done and all You will do. When others see me, may they my life as a light house that leads all to You.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...