Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Love Does" by Bob Goff

I picked up, "Love Does" and read the words, "Discover A Secretly Incredible Life In An Ordinary World", and was blown away. This book holds great stories about the life of Bob Goff and those people surrounding him. Some of the stories made me laugh out loud, others tugged on my heart.

He shares a story of a young man who wanted to ask his girl to be his bride on the back deck of Bob's home. The story didn't end at the one request. Unlike most people, Bob was happily overjoyed to not only help this young man, but partake in the feast of love about to happen.

This is Christ wanting to court us. This is Christ at His best, showing His great and mighty love for us. We have the greatest love story ever written. A story about a Savior willing to give all for those He loves.

Bob shows us we can be extraordinary in our daily lives. Through his life we see pure joy and nothing less. I absolutely loved this book. I love the cover of the balloons floating upward.

"I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered to me, but now I'm more afraid of succeeding at the things that don't matter."

Wow!! This one statement took hold of my heart and shook me into realizing this is what I do. Bob's words and stories will set you on the edge of your seat and give you the desire for more. To let go of those things that don't really matter and take each breath we have and make it count. One life can bring life to another just by being love.

"I used to think I had to be somebody important to accomplish things, but now I know Jesus uses ordinary people more."

"I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes."

These are powerful statements for me. Words I needed to hear. Words I know, but needed to be reminded and I love how Bob does this. He simply shares.

When we really share God's love, it's letting go of our fears and simply letting God live through us.

If you want a challenge to change your life forever I would suggest this book. 

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.  

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...