Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ILLUSION by FRANK PERETTI

First I want to invite everyone to the give a way of Illusion. All you must do is leave a comment under the give a way post and you will be entered. The winner will be announced on March 31! Just follow this link, GIVE A WAY, and it will take you right to the post!

Now, on to my review. I was excited to begin reading this novel that I was anticipating the arrival of in a little brown package dropped off by my UPS man who I have grown to love! I started out fast, thinking it would be a one night read for sure, but then I realized, I gotta slow down. If I didn't slow down I was going to miss details that would be important for later in the read. Not unlike life, right?

I have read review after review of this book and I promise not to do what I see others doing. Telling you the entire story! I wouldn't have wanted anyone to ruin this read for me. I can tell you, yes, it's a love story. With the title, "Illusion", it kind of tells itself and with Frank Peretti as the author, well, you know your in for a ride.

I loved this book! No doubt there were some parts that seemed to take forever, but again, it's a slow read. One that goes over the hills and valleys of these characters and you get to see each and every part. Peretti is one of a few writers who masterfully tells a story. He takes us on journey and here we see the effects of trying to find yourself in a world that doesn't seem to make sense and where you feel totally lost as you find your way in the dark. But with Peretti, he shows you the light at the end of the tunnel. As usual, Peretti, builds the story as he pens each chapter. I love picking up a book and I have no idea where I'm headed, but I know the ride is going to be great. That is the gift when you have Peretti in the writing seat.

Have you ever considered time travel? If you have ever wanted a do over, you have. We get to see how loves travels the distance. God's love remains strong and steady. He is unchanging. This world and the evils around us try to change us and mold us into creatures of self, but when you follow the Lord, you see He is always in control, no matter how much this world tries to take it out of His hands.

We are all on a journey, trying to find the real us and it can be hard in a world trying to change us. Too many times we are headed for tomorrow and we totally miss out on the blessings of today. We try to control things around us and change things that don't need fixed. We play God and that isn't how it is to be. We are to follow Him and take His lead. Oh, how sweet life can be if we just seek Him and learn to trust His will for our lives. These are just a few of the things I loved about this novel.

Have you read, Illusion? What are your thoughts? Some are going to love it and some just might put it down. For me, it's a keeper. I am learning to trust what I cannot see beyond and live in this moment, for we never know what the next will bring.

If your looking for a great ride, this is a read for you. Again, it's a slow read and a thinker. If your willing to put in the time you will reap the blessings. May you enjoy it to the fullest!

This book was a gift from Howard Books for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...