Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some Mornings We Just Need A Reminder

Do you ever just wake up and say, "Okay, whatcha got for me today, cause yesterday wasn't the greatest"? It seems one thing happens and then another comes along and pretty soon you are just assuming every phone call, every message is going to bring more bad news. It's as though the sun is shining and you are standing there just waiting for the clouds to come over head and the rain to begin pouring. Maybe even having hail drop on your head.

There are times I sit here and think, "Ya know, today is a good day. Every thing is going just the way I planned it." We like it that way, don't we? I can sit here alone and just ponder over the Bible. But then out of no where comes a whopper and slams down on me so hard, I just wanna give up.

Do you all just ever get tired of trying? I mean I put one foot in front of the other and sometimes it feels like I'm walking backward. Today, I feel as though I have fallen in a giant hole and it feels dark and lonely. Now, don't get me wrong. I have a husband who loves me and cheers me on every day. I gotta say, he is my biggest fan. But sometimes it really doesn't matter the love around you, the friends by your side or what you know to be true. We just have bad days. Days in which we wish with all our might that we could change or fix in some way. But, life just isn't that easy, is it?

I wonder if after Joseph was tossed in that well, he thought, "Um, really? Are ya kidding me?" Then a group comes along and he is sold into slavery. Talk about a day going from bad to worse. But as I ponder over Joseph, I can only see God's greatness! He brought Joseph out of that well, out of slavery and used him for a mighty purpose. Each and every step Joseph took God was still in control. Even when he couldn't see what was up ahead, God was already there! He was already there! Friends, that should give us the encouragement we need to meet that next minute.

Sometimes all we need is a reminder to look up instead of at all the junk around us. Each day as I write I come across scripture. There are times I feel as though I am writing for someone else. But there too are those days, just like today, where I know without a doubt that God is speaking straight to my heart.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I don't even know what this afternoon will leave on my door step, but what I do know is that God is in control! I have nothing to fear with Him as my God. There is no Goliath that God cannot handle. I may have a few Goliath's in my path today, but God will take care of each one of them.

Just maybe you woke this morning and you are ready to crawl back under the blankets. Friends, I want to encourage you not to do that, but get out of that bed and turn to Jesus. Let Him cover you with all you need. I know things might seem out of sorts and you may be afraid of what is to come. Whatever touches our life goes through the hand of God first. There is nothing that touches us that He doesn't know about first.

So, don't get overly excited about that situation in front of you. Don't lay awake at night in worry. Don't allow that anger to take over and steal away the joy God has for you today. Remember, He's got your back.



"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31


"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6


"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...