Tuesday, February 7, 2012

THE SCENT OF CHEERY BLOSSOMS by CINDY WOODSMALL

This was one amazingly beautiful book. I loved my time spent in Apple Ridge. First, this is a gorgeous book. The cover is just lovely. I think just by looking at the cover it would make you want to pick this gem up and a gem it is!

The characters were so likable. Each one struggled with life. Situations occurred. Tragedy came knocking and challenges were at every corner, but do you know, these characters persevered. They over came the obstacles before them. What I love is that Cindy allowed us to see the struggle and the imperfections of the characters. That made them real to me.

I loved the setting. A cafe for friends to gather and family to serve. A farm to restore a broken generator. I love how these folks come together to help one another. They stand on principles and they value a man's word. I seem to learn so much about the Old Order Amish and the Old Order Mennonite communities. Such loving people. I  find it hard to understand many of their ways. But what I love is the fact that they are grounded in their belief and they serve God with all they have. Just like in this book. Love is being kept apart because they cannot find love outside of their own order. I love this depiction of Christ's love. There is nothing to separate us from Him. Nothing can stand in the way except for our own selfish and prideful ways. We must learn to overcome and surrender.

This book holds such valuable lessons for each of us. The Scent Of Cherry Blossoms is a gem and one that I found as a blessing. I enjoyed this book and once I started reading I just couldn't put it down. What a gift it is to enjoy a book so much you can't put it down!

This book was a gift from WaterBrook Press for it's review.


Cindy Woodsmall is a New York Times best-selling author whose connection with the Amish community has been featured on ABC Nightline and on the front page of the Wall Street Journal. She is the author of six novels, two novellas and Plain Wisdom, a work of non-fiction co-authored with her dearest Old Order Amish friend. Cindy lives in Georgia with her family.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...