Saturday, January 7, 2012

Is it time to grab a bite? I know just the perfect place!

Well, my body is quickly showing me that three meals a day just won't do it for me. Most of the time I don't do three a day. Most days I'm good with maybe one meal and a few snacks to hold me over. That might be where the problem is occurring. But we are all different. Some love that big breakfast to start the day and a small meal for dinner. Whatever is good for you!

As I have been having problems  with my health and having testing done to get down to the problem, I am learning that if I eat small meals throughout the day I feel much better. Now, I'm not talking about eating junk as I pass by in the kitchen. Although that is tempting. I am speaking of filling my appetite with good nutritious foods that will give me energy and boost my brain function. LOL If I am not eating properly my body is not going to function well at all. I am most likely going to be hunting then for something to eat as my body begins to shake and my head starts to pound. That is where the junk comes in view. It's easy to grab, isn't it? Sure, it might hit the spot for that moment, but later I am only going to be feeling worse as that blast of sugar hits me and down I go.

Life in the Word is the same. We need the Good Word all throughout the day. Little spurts of His goodness to fill us and give us the power we need to make it through the day. It's when I have His reminder all throughout the day where I begin to re-charge full blast ahead.

If I fill up on junk I am going to crash at the end of the day only to wish I had started my day out right. God's Word is a meal that will hold you over and keep you fueled until the next. It's a start to your day and a pick me up throughout and as the day ends it's time to re-charge for tomorrow. It can be a slow, sit down restaurant with candle light as He shares His love story with you or it can be like a fast food pit stop, but with healthy choices and just the right portions. 

However you want to do it, God is all for spending time with you. He is all for making the date and setting the time and place. All we have to do is show up! He will meet you right where you are, my friend. He is good with those long dinners where the conversation keeps moving. He too loves those little times during the day where you reach for a snack to hold you over. He wants to keep you full in His Word. He too wants you to return over and over again. He wants it to be your favorite stop for fuel for the day and the place you tell everyone to go to because you just love it so.  

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...