Saturday, August 6, 2011

STAINED GLASS HEARTS by PATSY CLAIRMONT

Patsy Clairmont writes with a style all her own. As I read her words I can hear her voice. Even through the tears of brokenness, there is always laughter with, Patsy. She is real and honest. In her latest book, Stained Glass Hearts, she shares the brokenness that has touched her life. She shares of hard times that she has emptied herself and called upon God. I love how she can take an object, such as a stained glass window and compare our lives to it.

I must share one of my favorites. It is a poem written by Pixie Foudre.

Browsing the dim back corner
Of a musty antique shop
Angels flew out from the pages
I caught the whiff of a soul
the ink seemed fresh as today
Was that voices whispering?
The tree of the paper still grows.

Patsy shares story after story of brokenness and healing. This book is unique in that at the end of each chapter, she shares The Art Gallery, Poem and Prayer. She too shares music she loves. The best part? The entire book is filled with scripture entwined within her stories of how God brings light to the very darkness and fear that seems so real in our lives today.

What I love about Patsy Clairmont is that she is relatable. She knows the brokenness that touches our lives and she too knows the healing hand of the Savior. If you are stuck in a rut and searching for a new perspective this book is for you. It is an easy read and one that I loved.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...