Friday, August 19, 2011

Where that white with a smile

The season of white is quickly coming to an end. NOT! I love wearing white. I wear white all the time. Yes, I am that girl you will see way past that Labor Day date sporting something white. I know, it drives some people crazy, but to each his own, right? I don't think I am really going to let a date dictate when I must stop wearing a color. A favorite one at that.

Now, with that said, it is very hard to where white and not get dirty. In fact, I have yet to meet a woman who can do it. Oh sure, I can stay pretty clean, but there is always something lying in waiting  of those white  shorts and thinks, "Attack!" You have a seat only to notice that some how out of no where you now have something tagged to your bottom for the world to see. You can stand next to a friend and what happens? Out of no where, that soda they are holding in their hand just flies over on to you! There too is always a mystery stain. You look and have no idea what it is or where it came from. I can usually get dressed and get to my car without a spot, but by the time I get to church and sit down in the pew there before me is a speck. Ever notice that those tiny speaks keep growing? It's as though when you try to wipe them away they only get bigger and brighter!

It is every brides nightmare that something will get spilled on their wedding gown. Ever try carrying a white purse? Now that for me is just hopeless. And if you know me, you know that my purses are clean, clean and clean. LOL That's right, they contain no trash. That is unless you have friends who know that drives you crazy and they gather all the trash they can while your not looking and fill your purse to the brim with it!

My point? No matter how much we try to stay clean it's never going to happen. We have the vision of white in our minds. We see how glorious it looks. It too makes us feel clean and refreshed. It has that elegant feel to it, doesn't it? But just a little speck can be seen so clearly. Nothing can be hidden in white. So, do we dare try to wear it? I say yes! We know it is out of reach. We know something will gather on those cute white shorts, but we should still put them on feeling refreshed and regal.

In our life we will never be sinless, but we can strive to sin less. We can be careful and watchful of what we allow close to us. I am not without blemish. When I get my hands dirty I am quick to wipe them on my shorts. Just a habit, but a habit that shows me, I don't want to touch sin, and when I do, it's easily transferred. I cannot stay clean, but by the grace of God, He has taken care of my sin. My past sin and my future sin. It is when I turn to Him that all is made right and perfect.

"For everyone has sinned; we fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when He freed us from the penalty for our sins." Romans 3:23-24

"Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

"But-'When God our Savior revealed His kindness and love, He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and a new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of His grace He declared  us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life." Titus 3:4-7

"He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west." Psalm 103:12

Jesus Christ is our White of all seasons. We can wear Him with a smile and no that whatever touches us He will wash us clean. In fact, wash us white as snow. So, put on those white shorts and go for it!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...