Monday, April 11, 2011

THE FINAL SUMMIT by ANDY ANDREWS

I must be honest and tell you I began this book with many questions. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it, but you know what? I got it! Each book I pick up whether I like it or not I try to take away something. A nugget of value if you will. This nugget? DO SOMETHING!! 

First of all, yes, there are a few things missing from this book. One most of all? God. Isn't it His wisdom that is most of value? But the more I read, the more I really got it. Here we have David Ponder. He is head of the summit meeting taking place. The Angel Gabriel comes to him and shares that the world is in a terrible place and he, along with all the other travelers must find a solution if you will. We know the cause. Sin. We are self absorbed and live in total want. There must be an answer to making this world better. For me, I know the only answer to that question is my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

As these travelers come together, people I wouldn't have chosen, they must find the answer to the asked question, " What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway toward successful civilization?" These travelers have limited time and have only five opportunities to get it right. I look at it this way: If I were to have a dinner party, who would I invite? It may not be the very people you would choose. They may not all be from the same time period and in fact, they may not all be Christians. I believe we can learn something from every person who walks this earth no matter who they are or what they have done. To move into the future we must first look back. Moving then from the past into the future. For this we have hope. We ALL have a purpose and plan. We all have a free will. God's goal is for His children to know Him as Lord and Savior. He is the only answer. He is the only way.

I can walk away from reading this book with more knowledge. Knowledge is information. Wisdom is knowing what to do with that knowledge we gain and God is the only giver of wisdom. We can all make a difference, separate and together. The thing is, we just must begin before it's too late.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...