Monday, March 21, 2011

It's time for some softball

Yes! Spring has arrived in full bloom. The breeze that brushes the curtains so softly feels so warm reaching all throughout my home. I can hear the birds chirping. Geese are flying over and I hear farm animals all around me. The grass is growing green and the buds are popping on the trees. Daisy is eager to go outside and I am ready for some sun! Are you with me?

It is time to play some softball my friends. Okay, if you know me, you know I love softball. Now, as a kid, I was a great second baseman. I could stretch, flip and slide everywhere. Well, I still can, but I might not land on my feet as I once did. LOL Yes, it is a sight to behold. There is just something about getting out that old dusty glove, which I keep in the trunk of my car along with my tennis shoes. Hey, you never know when others will be ready to just throw a ball around.

I had a friend ask me last night, "So, are you gonna try again this year?" I laughed as she asked me. I will put on my tennis shoes every year until that day comes when I can no longer put them on anymore! I might have to play on a senior team by then. LOL

Even though I play and it causes severe pain afterward I just can't give up. Not yet. You get bruised up and in my case sometimes broken, but you dust yourself off, wash the dirt from your eyes and get back out there. I might not be able to run as fast as I once did, reach as high for the ball or slide with grace, but I give it my all. I laugh when I miss a ball. I spend a lot of time laughing at myself, but that is part of the fun of it all. We all laugh. There are some teams that take it so seriously when you play them it is no fun at all. But then you get a team who loves to laugh as you do and it becomes a game you never forget.

Life is not so different. We have those things we love so much and we don't want to give them up. Circumstances might cause us to move a little slower or miss a few balls, but we are still in the game. We can still strive to get out there and enjoy each and every minute of life. Why put the glove away just because it becomes a little harder? For me, that is just a challenge I am willing to accept.

It is so easy to just sit on the side lines and say, "Oh, I am too old to play anymore." Hodge Podge!! We are never too old to have fun. To enjoy life. I have shared with you before that I have Fibromyalgia. After a game you can find me taking off my shoes and crawling into my car with tears ready to stream down my cheeks. My mom thinks I am crazy for playing and wishes I would just give up all activity. I think she is just hoping I don't end up on a stretcher. LOL

I don't want to be one of those girls who gave up. I don't want to live in such a way when things get hard I am ready to throw in the towel. But I want to be that girl who through it all grabbed that bat and swung at each pitch.

Is there something in your life holding you back? Something from keeping you from enjoying today for what it is? Let it go. Don't let your fears hold you back. Don't live with regrets, only wishing you would have played harder. You never know, this just might be your year to hit a home run!!

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with certainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body anda bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...