Thursday, March 17, 2011

Clovers of love

I am struck by the legacy that St. Patrick has left behind. It wasn't his life he wanted others to see, but simply the life of Christ and His salvation. St. Patrick shared the love of God with others through a simple clover. He taught the Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, through the beauty of a clover. Spring arrives and these little gems begin popping up everywhere. A new season. A new birth. A fresh beginning. Oh, how sweet my salvation is. The salvation I found through, Jesus Christ. I can look upon these beauties and see Him. They are a reminder of His love and lasting grace.

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." Ephesians 1:13-14

Don't you find these little clovers beautiful? Each made of a heart all connected together. Just as the Trinity. We can see God's wonder if we only open our eyes. We can reach others if we only open our hearts. As the Lord lives through us He wants us to spread His Word so that others can know Him too. We are His hands and feet.

"In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loves us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:9-11

Being Irish I love this story and I pray my life leaves behind such a legacy that points straight to God. I hope my life casts the Light of Christ in all I do. I seem to fall short so many times. Either through my actions or my speech, but even through our mistakes the Lord can shine by our humbleness to share just how we stood again after we have fallen short. There is only one way to stand and that is in the truth of the Lord.

"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma." Ephesians 5:1-2

We too can share the Lord in many different ways. Most importantly through our walk. We can say we are Christians and we believe, but if our life is not saying it, is it really true? We can learn to live selflessly. We can learn to reach others simply by loving those around us. We can love as Jesus loves.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

St. Patrick used the beauty of a clover to teach the Trinity to thousands. What might the Lord be laying upon your heart to reach others with? A new ministry? Speaking? Writing? In our work place, in our schools and in our homes people are searching for the truth. They are searching for the real meaning of life. We can show them. We can lead the way to greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...