Saturday, December 4, 2010

Looking for perfection?

We all do it. We dream of what should be. We take our circumstances and define ourselves by them. We allow our situations to create in us what we do not want to see, when in fact we should be creating life in each moment. We are free in Christ! Nothing can hold us back from having the perfect day. Only ourselves and being lost in our pity. You know those parties we throw and no one wants to come? Wow, could we all drown in our sorrows. What if we chose to look at them not as sorrows, but opportunities for God? It seems whatever is going on we tend to make it all about us, when everything is all about Christ.

Oh, the holiday season can bring on depression. We have loved ones that are no longer here to celebrate with us. We have family we don't see or talk to. We have job loss and no money for gifts. We see others with their happy smiles and wonder what happen to our own. When was it that it left us? Where did that joy we once carried so freely go? We allowed our circumstances to stanch it up right from under us.

Just a few nights ago while taking Daisy outside the stars were brightly shinning. The breeze was cool on my face waking me up at two in the morning. As I turned to face the woods, I heard the most amazing sound. It was two owls just hooting away at each other. They were talking to one another and it was as though they were lighting up the field with sound. It simply surrounded and echoed all around me. For ten minutes I stood there in total silence just listening. It was perfection. It was beautiful. Doesn't it sound like that when we talk to Jesus? Oh, I bet it does. I bet heaven lights up with echos of love when He hears our voice call to Him.

Yesterday while coming home from town I passed a farm where horses were running with their manes flying in the wind. It was sheer beauty. I wished I could have just parked and watched them. It reminded of having freedom in Christ. We are free in Him. We are like an eagle soaring above the clouds. Just gave me goosebumps as I watched and thought, "I am free. I am simply free. Nothing can hold me back."

I keep looking for that perfect day when my husband comes home with a job and my health gives me a day without pain. When all our bills are paid. When we are free from struggle and fear doesn't exist. My friends, isn't that heaven calling? Heaven is perfection. Through Christ we can find perfection. We are perfect in Christ. It doesn't matter what is around me or what touches my life, He is alive and real, just waiting for me to totally surrender and give Him reign over my life. I am ready!! I am willing!! I am accepting!!

As I listen to the wind howl this morning as the trees blow I know without a doubt this world will keep turning. I can make a choice today to live it to the fullest or allow my circumstances to steal everything away. I can find real joy when I let go of everything and trust in Jesus. Total surrender is giving up everything, laying it at His feet and trusting His will. I know He is doing great and mighty things. I must stop looking for worldly perfection and seek His unlimited resources of perfect that He has already placed in my heart.

Philippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...