Monday, December 27, 2010

Wavering Manna

Last night I was reading John 6:1-40. I was going to stay up and write, but my heart just wouldn't budge. I had to stay in the word. It was then I saw something. One verse that caught my attention like never before. "Then they said to Him, 'Lord, give us this bread always.'" (verse 34)

Lets go back to the beginning. Here we see Jesus feed the five thousand. We see, Philip, asking in verse 5 where to buy the bread.  Now, we aren't going to find a local Bread Company in the midst of the desert. Jesus fed five thousand people with two small fish and five loaves of bread. Now, I don't know about you, but I love fish and bread. Once you begin eating it's as though you just can't get enough, but that is exactly what happened here. They ate until they were full. (verse 12) They even had food left over!

That evening they witness Jesus walking on water. Jesus began His morning by feeding everyone, and now again, He is showing them to have faith. He isn't finished yet! The following day, manna falls from heaven feeding those around Jesus. This is what really gets me. This is still not enough. The people want this bread always! Aren't we a hungry bunch of people? I find myself asking, "Is it ever enough?" Jesus shows me time after time He is God. He is my everything. But I find myself wanting more.

In verse 35, Jesus states this: "And Jesus said to them, 'I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." Jesus has feed those around Him. He too has walked on the water. Why do we question Him still? Jesus calmed the sea and tells the disciples in verse 20, "But He said to them, 'It is I; do not be afraid." He shows us the way, yet we are still fearful to step out of the boat.

Jesus fills me. He is enough. He is everything. Through my faith He has given me I can trust Him. I can believe in Him. He is all I need. It is when we are truly content in our walk with Him that we begin to take our eyes off our toe in the water and see Him walk upon it. It is then we stop wondering how we will be fed and know that God will make a way. He always makes a way for us.

I can tell you in the past two years I have questioned Him. I have wondered where our next meal would come from, but He always supplies. I have wondered how are bills will be paid, but He supplies. I have wondered just how we will make it through the storm, but He forever supplies me with new faith. Each day is new with it's own set of circumstances and trials. I may have questioned Him, but I have not wavered in my faith. Through this time He has done such a work in my heart. Looking back, I would rather have not gone through all that has touched my life in the last seven years, but without it, I would not be who I am today. With each step that I need to take, God places a stone there for my foot to fall on. He too will make a way for you. We just must simply stop asking for more, when He has already given so much.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...