Sunday, November 21, 2010

What are we waiting for? Lets give some thanks!!

We teach our children please and thank you, but somewhere down the road we forget to do so ourselves. Especially today we can look around and its easy to see pain and suffering, but I would like to think there are blessings there too. Within all the bad I would like to think there is just as much good. With pen in hand, the Lord is writing my story. He wrote the beginning with love and added in forgiveness and will finish up with grace. Praise His name, my story is not finished yet, but isn't it exciting to see where we are going? At some point we must let the fear go and take hold of our faith and just follow Him. 

Some find it hard to find thanks in all things. I am a believer that everything happens for a reason. We don't always know the reason and I think that is where our pain and fear come in. Just maybe if we knew what was ahead, on up the road we wouldn't be so afraid to move forward. But I am not so sure I want to know what tomorrow will bring. I don't want to know what will happen in ten years. I want the Lord to take me by the hand everyday through this journey and teach me something new. I want to see His glory in many forms and I want to take part in His kingdom work. This my friends is where faith comes in. In faith we believe and trust the Savior who has given us life.

I am thankful each day when I walk through the door and I see my husband and son. Their faces bring me joy. The laughter that fills my home brings a smile to my face. We could drown in our circumstances right now, but in our circumstances Satan is there trying to steal every ounce of joy away from us. I am not allowing him to steal anymore joy from me. I think he has had his fair share of my time. I am thankful for my mom. I praise God for bringing her through a sickness that almost took her life. I praise Him for giving her four months until her next eye check up. I am thankful for my relationship with my daughters. A renewed relationship. I have a new granddaughter. Now, she is something to give praise for! Such a beautiful baby girl. I watched my youngest daughter walk the aisle just a few short months ago to the man of her dreams. I have the richest blessing of watching my children grow and to take flight in their own journey. I am thankful for little Daisy. The cutest little Dachshund ever!! So many things to give thanks for, big and small.

My life is blessed with rich friendships. Some have been by my side for years and others are new. I have a church family that never ceases to surprise me with their love. I too am blessed with a writing dream that I know has come directly from the Lord. I have been blessed to meet so many through writing. The Lord has brought new sisters and brothers of Christ into my life that I cherish. I would have never had the opportunity to meet them if it had not been through this writing journey.  We have a mighty God. A powerful God. A God who wants to see His children soar!

It's those little texts each day. Those special calls. The cards that pop in the mail. Those boxes filled with books that light up my day. For the last two years my family has learned to do without those very thing we once thought we never could do without. But there has yet to be a day where the Lord has not supplied a need. Through each day I see blessing beyond blessing. I get to teach junior high students. Do you know what a gift and honor that is? To take part in their lives and teach them about Jesus is a gift beyond words.

I have been blessed to watch my son graduate after teaching him myself since kindergarten. As my family learns to spread their wings the Lord has been teaching me through them. The very children I took part in raising have taught me more about life than any other.

I now have my cousin, Melissa, in my life and wow, what a blessing. We are so much alike and filled with many of the same dreams and passions. We now get to share this journey together. I feel like the Lord has gifted us with time we have lost apart now to live and enjoy each day together with Him.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."

Just think, each page of our story is different. Each day is new. Yesterday has meaning, but we must not allow it to steal away today. Our story is unique. God is the narrator and the author of our story. He knows just how it is going to end just as He knew the beginning before anyone else. My life changed forever the moment He came into the picture. The scenery changed before my eyes and I began to change with it. With each page written I am being molded for the next. We must make a conscious effort to think upon His greatness and glory. If we are so focused on Him can we really be focused on anything else?

With each passing trial I am learning to be thankful. For each one has had a purpose in bringing me closer to the woman God has created me to be. I am so thankful. Is thank you even enough? Are there words to really express gratitude towards the Lord? He gave His life for us. Each and everyone of us. Some will accept Him and His gift and some will not. They will pass it by only later to wish they would have grasped His love when they still had time. His love changes everything. His love makes everything possible.

Take today by the hand and praise Him for all He has done. Give thanks to Him and to those around you who have changed your life. May we share with those who have done something special just to make us smile. Life is sweeter with love and friendship. You will find none greater than the love and friendship you will find in Jesus. He is forever life changing. Find all you are thankful for in Him today and celebrate life.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...