Friday, September 17, 2010

LET'S CHAT FRIDAY with ANGELA BIEHN PARSLEY

Angela is one of those girls we can learn much from. She has a heart to spread the love of Christ and to reach others through her ministry. I am so happy she has come to visit and share her struggles and blessings. She is an encourager and one we can learn a great deal from. If you stop by her blog you will see her honesty and pure heart for Christ. I am one of those girls who assumes. I do this all the time. I friend pointed this out to me at one time and I thought, "No, I never assume anything." But she was right. I assume when others do not like me. When I was able to read Angela's wisdom here it was like a light bulb came on. One of those moments where it finally hit me, that yes, I do assume and it is not a great attribute to carry. When we assume it not only hurts our relationships with others, but hurts our very hearts at how we look at others around us. Thank you Angela for sharing your wisdom and heartfelt honesty today. What a blessing you are. Here is our chat:

(Robin) Angela, tell me a little about yourself.
(Angela) I am just an ordinary girl who loves Jesus and has a passion to share Him with others, especially women. I am a wife to an amazing man.
A mother to two girls that I enjoy homeschooling. I am a northern girl transplanted to the beautiful south. I have a heart for those who are hurting especially at the hands of the church. I love to grab me a Starbucks mocha anytime of the year!
(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Angela) There are times in all our lives when we struggle with our
faith. It is part of the process and growing and working out our salvation with fear and trembling. Our salvation is there always once we accept Christ's lordship over our lives but there is a deepening of that amazing gift. Trials bring that deeping. So there have been many struggles. First when I came down with an unknown debilitating illness. I questioned
why God would allow it to happen to me. Then another time occurred while at church serving and leading a ministry people turned against us. Those are the two hardest times this far that challenged me to really lean into God in a new way. Was not sure if I would make it through but God is good and brought me to the other side of both of those thus far. Each time it is hard but I have a deepened trust and deep knowing that God will truly never leave or forsake me no matter the trial. He is always there. Always dependable. Always.

(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Angela) YES! I did a Bible study by a woman named Dee Brestin. It was called Falling in Love with Jesus. This study changed my life. I finally realized how much God really loves me for better or for worse. I lived trying to earn love until this moment. Then the light bulb went off and changed my life forever. The security in HIS love is so good. God has allowed this sweet woman of faith to come into my life and mentor me from time to time. He used her to get me through some really tough spots.
(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Angela) These vary when different trials come. However, the book of Job and Habakkuk both bring great comfort to me. The song Blessed be You Name brings comfort. The verse "Never will I leave you Never will I forsake you" is a constant source of comfort in my life.
(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Angela) Authenticity. Trustworthiness. Someone who will tell the truth even when it hurts because keeping me pointed to Jesus is what matters most. That is true love.
(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Angela) Radical by David Platt hands down. Also, Falling in Love With Jesus by Dee Brestin I spoke of earlier.
(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace? (Angela) Turn on the praise music. Get real honest before God. Find trusted friends to talk things through with. Those friends that will keep me pointed to Christ.
(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Angela) My endurance. God is showing me I am much more stronger than I ever thought I was but only in HIM.
(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Angela) My family and friends.
(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Angela) Seeing the body of Christ united. There is so much quarrelling in the church it grieves me to the point of tears. I want to see unity like Christ desires for His bride. I want to walk along those hurt and broken because of it. Also teaching the truth of God's word. Being a part of making that light go off in someones head when the understand something for the first time.

(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Angela) Don't assume others don't like you unless they prove it to you. ~Jan Silvious (I am notorious for assuming people do not like me.)

(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Angela) That I was a woman of Truth and Grace.

(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Angela) Several writing projects and just being faithful as a ministry to take the next steps God gives us.

(Robin) How do you define success?
(Angela) Being in the center of God's will. That will be different for each person.


Simply being at the center of God's will. I love that Angela. As that place is different for each person, that is exactly the place we need to be. When we are focused on Him and totally surrender to Him, nothing but wondrous things can happen for His glory and honor. Thank you so much for stopping by. Thank you for giving such tender wisdom for us to carry away to make our own walk with Christ sweeter. Blessings to you sweet lady.

If you would like to see more of what Angela is doing I encourage you to check out these links:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...