Friday, September 10, 2010

Am I a walking commercial?

I hurt my back today, so I have been in bed a lot. It really just stinks to hurt and nothing eases the pain. So, after crocheting a bit, after reading a while, I turned on the television. I was astounded at some of the commercials I was seeing and it got this girl thinking.
Now, I watched commercials of people celebrating because they are Catholic. I witnessed others speaking out loud that they are Mormons, and even seen one for Jehovah Witness'. Everyone seems to be standing up for their faith, their beliefs. Now, even though I do not believe as these folks do, I must applaud them for standing up and shouting exactly what they believe. I started wondering, "How many times do I do that? When others see me talking, do they in fact know that I am a Christian? A believer in Jesus Christ? One who believes in Salvation? That Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven?"

So, where are my commercials? Are my actions fitting to what I speak? When others look at my life, do they see Jesus Christ? I don't just want to be a billboard, or a sounding wall, I want others to really know who Jesus is. I want my life to praise Him in all I do. I want others to ask themselves, "What is different about her?"

I see so many others going door to door. They are reaching out. They are trying to show others what they believe. I haven't been to an other's door in a long time. I must say, for me that is just sad. I have no excuses except for letting fear get to me. And isn't that right where Satan wants me? He doesn't want me sharing with others. He wants me hiding in my own little world. But just what if each person who believes in Jesus Christ shared with just one other person each day? Can you see the impact on the world? Our lives should be a reflection of Him. Our lives should be a reflection of our relationship with Him. Religion is man's way of getting to God. Christianity is God's way of reaching man. Christianity is not a religion. It is a way of life. It is a relationship with Christ.

God has called us to reach out and share with the world. We are to reach out to those who are different than us. Those who look different. Those who act different. Those who speak different. We have nothing to fear. All anyone can say is, "No thanks." Then what do we do? We pray those people in our lives and those we pass as the Lord lays them on our heart.

Faith in Christ is not something to keep secret, but something beautiful and pure to share. I know I must do better in reaching others. I pass many in just going to the local gas station in need of a Savior. I pass those in the store hurting and looking for answers as they push their cart down the aisle. Everyone is hungry for something, and Jesus is the answer.

Maybe that is exactly what the Lord wanted me to see today. Maybe He wanted me to think upon my relationship with Christ and just check myself. How are you doing? We have to evaluate ourselves daily, sometimes moment by moment, making sure we are where we need to be. Today, the Lord showed me where I am, just how far I have come, and how much more I can do for His kingdom. May we stand together for the cause of Christ and make a difference in this world for His glory and honor. Christ is the hope that every ear needs to hear and every eye needs to lay witness to. May we be who God has called us to be. There might be one the Lord has laid upon your heart today to reach out to. Don't wait. Let Him move through you today. May our commercial be one others want to see over and over again.
Matthew 28:18-20 " Jesus came and told His disciples, 'I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'"
Micah 6:8 "No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: To do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...