Friday, August 13, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with Mary DeMuth

I am honored today to have Mary Demuth come by and chat. She is a woman I admire through and through. She is a woman of faith and a very talented writer. She is one who encourages through her own life and sheds a beautiful light upon the Lord in her walk. I was blessed to read, "In Thin Places" by Mary and it was one of those books you cannot put down. I cried tears of joy for her as did I cry tears of anguish for her pain. It is a delight to have her come and share just a little with us. Here is our chat...



(Robin) Mary, tell me a little about yourself..
(Mary) I’m the mother of three, pet owner of two (a cat and a dog), and wife of one. I live in Texas where it swelters in summer and slightly cools off in winter. I’m a writer and a speaker who loves to help folks turn their trials to triumph.


(Robin)Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Mary) When I lost my first pregnancy because it was ectopic, I had a yelling fit in the car. I’d believed that since I’d had a difficult upbringing, God owed me a happy life from then on. Only God didn’t obey me! Another dark time was when our family lived in France as church planters. I wondered where He was. I felt very, very alone. And yet, from both trials, much fruit has come.


(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Mary) When I spoke with my friend Stacey once, dealing with my mom issues. She said, “Mary, it’s often the other parent you’re really struggling with.” I realized in that moment that I had a lot of anger and pain about my father that I never let out. Since then, more healing has come out.

(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Mary) Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise. Thou my inheritance now and always. Thou and Thou only, first in my heart. High King of heaven, my treasure Thou art. (From Be Thou My Vision). It reminds me that money isn’t everything, particularly when I remember to place God as my true treasure.

(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Mary) Honesty and a deep relationship with Jesus. I hope others see the same in me.


(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Mary) The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan. Wow. Great book on Sabbath. Gilead by Marilynn Robinson. Breathtaking (although it’s a slow read). A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. Life changing.

(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Mary) Eat a small square of dark chocolate. Listen to worship music.

(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Mary) Tenacity.

(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Mary) Pictures of my family (even though they’re right here), a comfortable home, a well stocked kitchen.

(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Mary) To see people set free from their pasts. To make amazing meals. To sing for Jesus. To hang with my kids.


(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Mary) That I tend to have an overactive conscience. Knowing that helped me learn to give myself more grace.

(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Mary) My love for Jesus.

(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Mary) Editing an old novel, working on a proposal tutorial with audio, redesigning my website.
(Robin) How do you define success?
(Mary) “Well done, good and faithful servant” from the mouth of Jesus.

If you would like to connect with Mary you can just click on to these links below:

Mary, thank you again for stopping by the Nest to open your heart to us. It is always a pleasure learning from your wisdom and being under your teaching spirit. You have a gift in sharing. I see the Lord working in you to touch others, bringing peace to hurting hearts and giving encouragement to those aspiring writers like myself. Blessings to you Mary!!







AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...