Monday, June 14, 2010

The Love of the Word

While sitting in church last night the adults were helping the youth get ready for bible quizzing at camp. As I sat there listening to the questions, and hearing the answers(most of which I did not know) I found myself thinking, "Wow, I think I know so much, but I really know nothing!" Meaning, there is so much more to learn. We can never pick our bible and say, "I have read it, got it and know it all!" Each time we pick up our bible there is always something new to learn. Something new and wonderful that the Lord is showing just us, just when we need it, or will need it in a few days. That tends to be when I look back as I am in a situation and the light comes on and I see clearly how God used His word to prepare me.
It's funny, when we are young, teenagers to be exact, we think we know everything, and the older folks are just fuddy duddies. But it is when we grow older ourselves is when we really begin to see the wisdom around us and know how little we really know. See, that gives this girl hope. Hope in the fact that each day is a new experience and a day for me to learn even more. I mean, who do we think we are? Can any of us teach God anything? I think when we think we have got it all, God is up there laughing, saying, "Oh, My child, there is so much more for you to learn, now hush up and listen!"

In our church we are blessed by many folks of wisdom. See, that sounds so much better than older folks, or elderly, doesn't it? As I found myself sitting there last night surrounded by these folks of wisdom, there was one who stood out to me. Her name is Alice, and she is a blessing, one you want surrounding you. She knew almost all the answers, names I have never even heard of, and facts that seemed endless. She is a woman of God, one who not only speaks of Christ, but lives it. In her walk she reads her bible with passion. No one can have that much knowledge without seeking God in His word. So, I found myself with a challenge before me. One that brings me right to God's word and seeking Him throughout the day, not just reading a little, but giving Him more of my time than anything else. If I want to know Him better and on a more passionate level do I not have to seek Him more?

We can get so prideful can't we? We can begin to think we know pretty much, when in fact, there is so much more to learn if we just humble ourselves and acknowledge God for who He is. Believe me, as I sat there in church last night, I was humbled beyond words. I love these wise folks who have lived their lives for Christ, who have been through much, and have seen things I have yet to see, but they have done it all with Christ at their side, deep in His word, finding Him on an intimate level. That is what I want. That is what I need and I know that is what God wants for me. To become the woman God has created me to be, I must seek Him with all I have and do so with a passion that exceeds all else. Without Him, I know that I am nothing, but in Him I am everything. I will never be everything He has for me unless I begin to seek everything He has!

I am at that place in my life that I know I can learn something from everyone I meet. It may be something for me to walk to or walk away from from, but whatever it may be I know that I can still gain wisdom.

James 1:5 "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you."

Proverbs 13:20 " Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble."

Proverbs 31:26 "When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...