Wednesday, May 19, 2010

watch out for that little birdie

We must be careful of those whispers that come to our ears. As one calls them truth, another sees them as pain. The only whispers we need to be listening to are those of the Lord teaching us to mind our own selves. If it can't be shouted it shouldn't be said!
This is something that we can't just learn in a day, but it is a daily process of learning. Whispers of I love you are wonderful, and they lift the spirit, but what about those whispers that are hushed and told in secret? Those are the whispers we must be weary of and keep our ears covered from. As one person whispers their truths about another, most of the time those truths are just a tad mistaken, and from those whispers we form judgement and opinion.

The best thing is just not whisper at all. If you have a question go to that person. I have been so hurt by whispers in the past, judged by others opinions on things they had no idea of the truth of the matter. As too I have been on the other side of those whispers, not only listening, but then passing on to another. If it cannot be shouted out, then it just doesn't need to be said at all.

We seem to shout from the roof tops when we love someone, but let someone hurt us, let us get something juicy, and wow, we no longer shout, but we whisper. Those whispers are like the wind. They never stay in one place, they travel fast and are always on the move, gathering up dust and dirt along the way.

Just as a forest fire spreads from just one match, oh, those little whispers can take down a whole town. Just one word, one added whisper and you have got yourself a live soap opera.

We always tell our children its not nice to whisper, then as adults what do we do? We hush them from the room, and begin to whisper away.

As my Pastor says, "If you are not part of the problem or the solution don't talk about it." By whispering do we really think we are helping? We are only adding to the problem, and oh, how we love to say, "I just want to share with you." We don't need to the know the whole story to pray for someone. Please, this girl is just as guilty as the next, and you know, why? Do we really gain anything by whispering? If someone has something to say about me, I would rather them shout it to my face then whisper behind my back. Where is the character in that?

I can't even say this wisdom comes with age, cause there are many older ladies out there who have their own little connection going from line to line.And this is not just an issue with women, there are men who love to whisper. I think learning this comes from being whispered about yourself. I think when you are hurt by whispering, it then makes you realize how hurtful all those whispers are you have been saying. And why would be it okay for us to whisper about another, but not have others whisper about us? I think this is more of letting go, letting God, and just simply keeping to your own business.

Whispering hasn't changed any. It hasn't gotten worse over time. Look at how others whispered about Jesus? Think of Noah as he was standing by the ark while others were walking by. Oh, there has always been whispering throughout time, and we should learn by now it doesn't help us grow as people, it keeps us held back from growth altogether.

In 1 Timothy 5:13 it says: " And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not." Here Paul is speaking of young widows, but I think we can all take a lesson from his wisdom. Why do we think we need to be in the know about everything? I have learned, the less I know the more I know.

I think part of our whispering if you have it comes from not being content with ourselves. The more content we are within ourselves we are going to do more shouting from the roof tops and less whispering.

I want to be better and do better and surrounding yourselves with true, honest people who not only care about you, but themselves makes life so much sweeter. If I am more concerned with my faults, my struggles, and blessings others will see how God moves in my life. If I am overly concerned with all those around me, it just shows how little time I am really spending with Him. Ouch, that one hurts a little.

1 Timothy 6:6 "Now godliness with contentment is great gain."

If we can gain contentment we can be of great encouragement to others. And really, isn't that what shouting from the roof tops is all about?

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...