Sunday, May 30, 2010

a new journey

You know, I am beginning this new journey of feeling better, eating better, and living better. Can I just say the last three days have not been easy ones. When you begin this new journey it is seriously a life change, although for the better, it is a hard one to get use to, and I am just starting out.
So as I begin this new journey, my family is right there with me, which makes any journey better. I have my husband supporting me 100% of the way. I am truly a blessed girl. So, what is this journey? Well, after reading FibroWHYalgia it is just what I needed to jump start life again.

I have been in severe pain since Thursday. Thursday night I should say after playing ball. My body still has not yet recovered, and boy do I feel like I have been hit by not just one train, but a few. Woke up at 6:00 am today and literally took me two hours to get out of bed. Ugh! Once I am out of bed, my pain, although very real, seems to subside after a few hours. At least until my pain meds to kick in.

So, like you, I am tired of being tired. And the only one who can really change my life is me. It doesn't matter what effects us, its what we are doing with it that matters the most.

No more sugar, and I must say this is hard for this fountain soda drinking girl. No more processed food. If it comes in a box, a can, or a bag, it doesn't come in our home. Oh my, this store bought pizza girl again is going to have troubles. You gotta love the box, right? Trans fats? Out! There is much more that is out, but I can't concentrate on what's out, but what's in. WATER! Yes, something I never drink. Can I tell you, three days of drinking water has made me feel better! Fresh fruit, fresh veggies, everything fresh for our family. Yes, what a change for us.

What's amazing is my husband has been telling me this for years, and I read it in a book, and well, it's like a light bulb comes on. That is an altogether different post ladies. Do you do the same when your husband tells you something? Let a girlfriend tell you or hear it on Oprah, and you have yourself a life changing moment! (Stay tuned for that post in the future.)

When you live with such pain, you get to know your body pretty well, and my body is telling me to change or else. This is like my wake up call. My body has become addicted and run over by all these foods and it is poisoning my body, making this disease even worse.

As I go through my new journey I will be sharing with you the ups and downs, the blessings and struggles of this girl who does not like the kitchen.

I am now eating breakfast, something I haven't done in years, and wow, does a good breakfast make you feel better, giving more energy. I am learning as I am cleaning out my body, although it is good for it, it's not taking it so well. It is so used to the high fructose syrup and sugars that, well, I think its in shock and going through withdrawals.

You know, this is the body God gave me. His Spirit lives within me, and why wouldn't I want to take care of it? We often just think of not doing drugs and drinking alcohol, but guys, the food and drink we put into our bodies is just as bad if not worse. I have one body, one life, and I want to make the best of what God has given me. Each day is a new beginning, a new morning, and I want there to be many, and in them, well, lets just say I want to feel good and enjoy each one to the fullest.

Maybe you are on a new journey of some sort. Maybe today is the day the Lord is telling you change is needed. Whatever change is needed or coming we are not alone. The Lord is there to give us strength, and lift us up. I want to be all I can for Him, and to do so, I know change has to happen. I think its when we stay the same, we can get stuck in rut and its hard to see what needs to change. And change is scary, right? But with our faith, the Lord right by our side, we have nothing to fear.

1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...