Skip to main content

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with Lisa Buffaloe

Today I am blessed beyond words to share an interview with Lisa Buffaloe. Since the Lord brought Lisa into my path she has blessed me and has become a woman I admire. She has a passion for the Lord and is such an encouragement. As I shine a light on Lisa today, that light is a reflection upon the Lord and what a beautiful stream of light it is. Here is my interview with Lisa:
(Robin) Hi Lisa, tell me a little about yourself.
(Lisa) Hi Robin, I’m honored to be on your site today. Thank you!I’m a madly in love with God, Christ follower. I was raised in a Christian home, became a Christian as a young girl, and even with some unpleasant times, have had a great life. I’m happily married with a teenage son, have moved thirty-four times, and now live in beautiful Idaho.
(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you like to share?
(Lisa) I’ve dealt with molestation, rape, assault, divorce, chronic illness, and a few other not-so-fun experiences, so yes I have struggled. I’ve asked God tough questions about suffering for myself and others, and fortunately God always rewards an honest seeker. Discovering more of God in the midst of difficulties is like the unfolding of a rose, each petal reveals beauty and the fragrance of His touch.
(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your outlook? If so, I would love to hear.
(Lisa) When my best friend/sister-in-law, Kathy contracted leukemia she was a young mother. We all had faith in God and His healing power, and I couldn’t imagine God not answering our prayers for her healing. When I realized the answer could be (and was) “no” it rocked my world. Through that experience and others, God revealed different facets of who I am and who He is. I’ve learned regardless of life’s hardships, God’s goodness is never altered. I love this quote by St. Augustine, "In my deepest wound, I saw Your glory and it dazzled me."
(Robin) Do you have a favorite story, verse, hymn, or song that gives you encouragement when struggles come?
(Lisa) Oh my, I could list so many. I love music. I have a sound track playing in my head pretty much most of the day and night. Through each difficulty there has been a song or songs that have helped me keep my focus on God.Several of Margaret Becker’s songs are keepers. Her song “I won’t be persuaded” first line states, “Sometimes it hurts to be so close to the pain, when I know the one who loves me most could make it all change.” Or Margaret’s song, “All that I am” which starts with, “No one ever gave me a love so fine, that gently heals my heart one piece at a time, takes each jagged edge and every crooked line and smoothes them to life. Well no one ever gave me a love so sweet that tips my heart to drink when I'm fainting from the heat. That wraps my aching wounds in strips of mercy, so tenderly.”Scott Krippayne has some wonderful songs, “Sometimes He calms the storm” or “You are still God.” Lisa Bevill, “When the Healing Comes.” Goodness there are so many awesome songs out there -- hymns, praise songs, and tons of other Christian artists.
(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Lisa) Someone who loves God with passion and joy.
(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with friends?
(Lisa) Oswald Chambers “My Utmost for His Highest.” “Streams in the Desert”, anything by Beth Moore or Max Lucado, and bookshelves full of Christian books and novels.
(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is it that brings you calm and peace?
(Lisa) Praising God whether in word or in music. And if you top that off with a place to sit by the river, I’m one happy woman.
(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Lisa) Jesus Christ lives in me!!
(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Lisa) God. My family, my Bible, books and music that draw me deeper into God’s presence, the beauty of the mountains, a rock to sit on by the river….
(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Lisa) To tell others about God – that He is real, true, loving, merciful, righteous and just. And regardless of our pasts, He heals, restores, and renews.
(Robin) What is the best advice you have been given?
(Lisa) That’s a tough one. God has blessed me with verses, quotes, or some neat people who have said the right things at the right moment. But, I guess I’ll give you a culmination of what I’ve learned so far--God loves you. No matter how you look, how others treat you, where you live, and/or what is in your past or future, God loves you. You are eternally loved.
(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope shines before all others?
(Lisa) That I whole-heartedly loved God and left the imprint of His precious touch.
(Robin) What are you currently working on now?
(Lisa) Besides blogging, I have two completed fiction manuscripts (one of which finaled in the ACFW Genesis Contest). My agent Tamela Hancock Murray is busy presenting them to publishers. I also have several other fiction and non-fiction projects in the works.
(Robin) How do you define success?
(Lisa) To be a woman after God’s own heart
Lisa, thank you so much for allowing us to know you a little better and sharing your heart with us. I feel as though I have just sat down and had a cup of tea with you as two friends. You are a light in this world and a great inspiration. Blessings to you sweet lady!
Would you like to find Lisa and see all she is doing?I visit Lisa's blog daily and have it here as one of my favorites. It is one of those places you love to visit and always leave refreshed.
Here are the links to Lisa, Lisa's agent,ACFW, and the artists mentioned above.
Margaret Becker http://www.maggieb.com/

Comments

Cherie Hill said…
What an awesome interview Lisa! I am truly blessed to know you! You inspire me in every way...praying for you always sister!
Cherie
Lisa, you are a woman after God's own heart. WIth all you've been through, I only hear you praising God with a cheerful heart.
God Bless you.
Rosslyn Elliott said…
Lisa, thank you for your uplifting testimony. I love that St. Augustine quotation. And I'm so excited about your Genesis finalist!
Jim Pokorny said…
Great post. Great Testimony. Blessings, Jim
On Purpose said…
Lisa you are such a beautiful, real,sincere, and precious daughter of our God. Thank you for living so brightly in this world! He has done great things in you and He continues on my friend!
Jo Ann Fore said…
What an authentic, sincere, loving role model you are for all of us my precious friend.

Always love hearing from your heart.
Lisa Buffaloe said…
Thank you, Robin for the honor of being on your blog. I'm so glad God allowed our paths to cross!!

---

Cherie, thank you. You bless me abundantly with your prayers and encouragement!

----

Thank you, Patty. Bunches of God's blessings back to you, sweet friend. Can't wait to see you at the ACFW Conference!

-----

Thank you, Rosslyn. I'm a blessed woman! Hope to see you at ACFW this year too!

----

Thank you, Jim. God bless you!

----

Thank you, Nichole. You are a blessing to me and so many! Thank you for living your life for God's purpose!

----

Thank you, Jo Ann! You are a precious friend and a woman after God's own heart.
Anonymous said…
Lisa, you bless our lives. Thanks for reminding me of His perspective. Love, Jane
Beth Shriver said…
You give new hope to those who have gone through expereinces like you have. Miss you my friend:)
Lisa Buffaloe said…
Thank you so much, Jane!

---

Thank you, Beth! Miss you too! :)
Janice Olson said…
Hi Lisa,

You're always a shining light to those around you. And I for one miss seeing that light shine in Texas.
Your testimony is one of strength and encouragement. Many blessings dear friend. Janice
Janice Olson said…
Hi Lisa,

You're always a shining light to those around you. And I for one miss seeing that light shine in Texas.
Your testimony is one of strength and encouragement. Many blessings dear friend. Janice
Robin Prater said…
Thank you all. You have all left such beautiful comments to bless Lisa, and a blessing she is. I invite you all to return each Friday for more interviews with more amazing folks who light the way for us.
Blessings, Robin
Lisa Buffaloe said…
Thank you, Janice! Miss you too, sweet friend.

----

Thank you again, Robin!
I visited this blog for the first time this evening, since Suzie Halloway posted the link, and this interview was just what God wanted me to see. Lisa's heart is so tender and humble, it was refreshing to see someone as talented and successful as she is with a genuine modesty and Christ-likeness. No doubt God has great plans for her and her writing. May God continue to bless you both, Robin and Lisa!
Robin Prater said…
Kathleen, thank you for stopping in. Isn't God awesome? He always knows exactly what we need and when we need it. Amen!! Your kind words have blessed me today. Yes, Lisa, is a special lady.

Hope you stop back in:)
Blessings, Robin
Lisa Buffaloe said…
Thank you so much, Kathleen and Robin! One of the blessings God has given me in this writing journey is meeting so many wonderful people. Thank you for your sweet comments!

Sending blessings to you both!

Popular posts from this blog

The One True Love of Alice-Ann by Eva Marie Everson

Oh, just where do I begin? This is the stuff in which great novels are made. I made my way through this richly beautiful novel turning page after page with such deep emotion and thought. I couldn't turn the pages quick enough, but I didn't want it to end to soon. It's one of those novels you could continue reading as long as there were pages. No page just made of fluff, words with no meaning on the page. Every single line in this novel created a story that will last in my heart forever. 
Ms. Everson, I am so happy stories of the war were shared with you. Oh, to have your Sunday school teacher share with you, "You can't choose who you fall in love with, but you can choose who you marry", is a blessing that has now enchanted your readers. What a story you have weaved together. History penned with such depth, detail, and a story that captures the heart. 
This lovely story begins in 1941. The war has started. Picture a family gathered around the Zenith to hear t…

The Glassblower by Petra Durst-Benning

I came across this selection on Amazon. I had seen so many reviews that it intrigued me. I had never read anything from this German author. The cover caught my attention as did the description of this novel. 
It's a part of a trilogy. I am getting ready to open up book 2, The American Lady. I cannot wait to begin. I tell you this book marveled me. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What a journey into another time and place. 
We travel to Germany where this novel is set. The year is 1890 and we find ourselves in Lauscha, Germany. The author did a fantastic job at the perfect description of not only the area, but circumstance, and heart of the characters. Her writing style flows so easily that the pages almost turn themselves. 
The characters are easy to love. Three sisters who are now wondering, after their father had passed from this earth,  how they will now provide for themselves. It isn't going to be easy, but these sisters show us how to prevail over challenges that…

Unexpected Blessings

The last words my dad spoke to me from his hospital bed were, "Rob, take care of your mom." Those are words I have never forgotten. I have not only honored them for my dad, but for my mom. I too am commanded by my Father to honor my mother and father.
"Honor your father and mother so that you may have a long life in the land that the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12
My mom gave her life in caring for me. On my first birthday, my very first Christmas, was spent in the ICU as I was very sick with pneumonia. A little later I would burn myself with spilled coffee. A few years later I would tumble down many stairs and once again spent time in the hospital. 
I remember all the times I was sick and could feel my mom's hand brush against my forehead as she checked for fever. All the times she must have stayed up all night as I was sick. 
When I was little she would pour me a bowl of Raisin Bran. I loved it. Only I didn't like the raisins. She would take t…

Of Stillness and Storm by Michele Phoenix

This is my first novel read by Michele Phoenix. I love the premise of this novel and all that she opened my eyes to. We always hear of the 'calling' by missionaries. We want to go where God calls us. We want to make a difference. 
To be called by God isn't the same for every soul. We all fit differently into His plan. Our walk with Him isn't ALL we do for His name, but our relationship with Him, our intimate journey with our Savior. 
This novel is raw and transparent. For me, it was the journey of Lauren. We see that her husband feels called to work in Nepal and with the people, but we really don't read about much of his personal journey. 
Their son, Ryan, is struggling. We can see through the conversations he has with his parents that he is truly unhappy. We see the fall, but we don't really get a close glimpse into his heart. 
It is with Lauren that we journey. She feels alone and lost. Through her words we can 'feel' the pain in her heart. She is br…

Saffire by Sigmund Brouwer

The exquisite cover caught my attention. Next was the fact that Sigmund Brouwer was the author. I had read, Thief of Glory, when it was released and just couldn't put it down. I was captivated by this story. So, I was intrigued to see what this new novel held for me. 
We are taken on a journey to the Panama Canal in 1909 in a time when Teddy Roosevelt is president and all is uncertain. Even the life of the main character, James Holt, is uncertain. He knows where he has come from. A fantastic life as a Buffalo Bill cowboy! Now, he has been called by the president to come and do some research for him. Only he isn't so sure what that entails. 
His life grows more exciting by the day. I don't think this character ever has a dull moment. There is so much detail in this story. The history alone is phenomenal. There is a huge history lesson throughout this novel, but in the last pages in the Author's Note there is much insight for the reader to gain about the characters and …