Thursday, May 6, 2010

The sweetness of motherhood

This is one holiday that I love to celebrate. On this day we are celebrating life, love, and beauty. For each mother that is gifted to celebrate this day it is because we are blessed to be mothers. We are blessed to have childern to love and adore. Without our children this day wouldn't be possible.

For my mother, I say thank you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for those long days, those even longer nights, and those prayers sent to above. One day I just know Jesus will be able to show me prayer by prayer that was said for me. You have made life possible for me and made all the possiblities come to life.


For my daughters I say thank you for loving me. I say thank you for being who you are and placing a love in my heart that I didn't know possible. Ashley and Whitney, I am who I am today partly because of you. My life changed forever when I first heard those words, "Your going to be a mother." What a sweet blessing to not only have one daughter, but two that have beauty inside and out that captured my heart.


For my son, Jake, I say thank you for being you. All the hugs and I love you's are still embracing my heart. At first I was terrifed to have a boy, but I didn't know what blessing was before me. No frilly dresses, just cars, trucks, and messes, but oh, what joy I found digging in the mud, and racing around the house. What a young man you have grown to be.


For You, Lord, I say, Thank You! Thank You for blessing me with the Mother You chose just for me, and the children who You have sent to continue to grow me through still yet today. Thank You for each blessing, and each day given. For all those good days, and those that we struggled, they have each had their part in our lives, but with each one added has only brought us to a more special place today.For we know Your amazing grace.


For all those moms out there who love other children, who give of their time, who reach out when no one else will and who embrace the children of this world I say thank you, and Happy Mother's Day to you.



This world would not be the same if it were not for those giving mothers. Those women who make a difference in this world and in the lives of others. Compassion, mercy, grace, love, giving, unconditional love, and a soft touch are all gifts a mother bestows. What a gift a mother is, one to love and to hold.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...