Friday, April 30, 2010

where can you be found?

"A woman's heart should be so close to the Lord that a man would have to seek Him to find her."
I saw this statement today and I let the words before me soak in deep. I have seen this before and thought, "Oh, how true." But today I just realized, if my husband wants to find me, he should find me in the presence of Jesus.

My life should just be saturated with the Lord so when my husband is looking for me, He finds Jesus. Too many times when he is seeking me he finds a monster, coming out of a closet screaming craziness. Ever been doing something important and hear your husband call your name and instead of turning and saying, "Yes, sweetie whatcha need?" They instead hear, "What, what do you want? I am busy!" I don't think love growls.

As a sweet friend reminded me long ago that a soft answer turns away wrath, I think upon my answers to my husband. My day is not all about me. My day is about Jesus and through Jesus I find who I need to be as a wife and mother. When we are so tuned into God, there is nothing else others will see but His love and acceptance.

I have wondered, "What if a video camera played and I had to sit and watch myself before it?" What would it say? What would I think? We can look to others and see things that are wrong and even say, "Don't talk to me like that." But how in fact are we talking to others?

We can walk in church,hold our husbands hand, smiling ear to ear and leave, removing his hand and telling him all he needs to do that day. We seem to find all the wrongs our husbands do, and ladies, we can keep score. Yes, I have a score pad of my own that I have recently thrown away. In a disagreement I wouldn't only talk of right then, but I knew all the goofy stuff he did for the last ten years and could easily bring it up.

What does that prove? That I can count? It also shows that those "other things" have not yet been forgiven. When we really forgive, we forgive all wrongs, and we do not keep a score card. When Jesus forgives us He never brings up that sin again. It is gone. Our sins are forgiven from the east to the west. I love that, so how can I keep score when Jesus doesn't?

I want to be like the Proverbs 31 woman. I want to seek Jesus early in the morning and late in the evening. I want to know Him more and on a deeper level. For me to do that I must seek Him, pray, and stay in His word.

I find that when I stay close to His word, my words reflect His. When I am away from His word, my words reflect this world.

So where can you be found today? May we be found in Jesus, so that our husbands find love when they come to us. When we make ourselves complete in Jesus we are not looking for our husbands to complete us, but to add to who we are in Jesus.
Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."
Proverbs 15:1 " A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 31:10 "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...