Wednesday, April 21, 2010

yesterday, today and tomorrow

"Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow."Theodore Epp
I read over this quote many times thinking to myself, "Am I living as though Jesus is returning today?' Do I have my eyes pointed to Him, waiting and watching? Too many times I think we find ourselves dancing to our own tune. We think today is just another day. There are many who wake up today and cannot wait for tomorrow to begin, wanting this day given to be over with before it has just begun.

Although Jesus died thousands of years ago, although He rose from the dead thousands of years ago, why do I not think upon that daily? Why am I not remembering all He has done, is doing and will do for me daily? We think of Christmas and His birth, but am I thinking upon His birth daily or just that once a year when the snow is falling, the presents are under the tree, and all are cheerful? We go to church on Easter to celebrate His resurrection, but shouldn't we be remembering His resurrection daily? Shouldn't our lives be shouting His name with every step, with every word? And yes, He is coming back. It could be in a hundred years, fifty, a week, or even before I finish this post. But in my life am I looking for Him, am preparing for Him? Am I sharing Him with others so they too know the way to heaven?

This world is so caught up in "ME" and what "I" want to do. Our lives are not our own. They belong to Jesus. They were bought with the price of His blood. He was our sacrifice for our sinful lives. When we count the cost of our sins, may we see Him upon the cross, and the love He bestowed upon that day.

We have paparazzi taking pictures of stars and Hollywood glamorizes all that is wrong. Today all that is right seems to be wrong and all that is wrong seems to be right. We spend our time focusing on what "We" want and need, instead of looking to Christ for His will for our lives. Everything is backwards to where is should be. Selfishness is an ugly. Pride is ugly. When we place "Me" over every other thing, we have lost why we are here. Its not about stuff, its all about Him. We can get so lost in our stuff and being proud of what we have, that we soon forget who blessed us with all that stuff.

When we take our eyes off Christ and His life, our eyes are on something else, and most likely it is something they shouldn't be on. If we are not standing firm, with our feet on good foundation we are going to be a stumbling block for others.

I don't want to hear this world's shouts to me. I don't want to be a stumbling block for others calling them to my own sin. I want to live each day looking for Him. Wanting more of Him, and reaching out to others in such a way they too want to seek Him more.

Although we can't change everything, we can't other people, but through our example we can point them to something much greater than this world has to offer, and that is Jesus Christ.

I think we get so caught up in our "Busy Lives" that we forget to be on the watch for Him. That is why Satan can sneak up on us so, we are not watchful, we are walking around with our eyes shut to what is most important.

Long ago they had Jesus in person. They walked with Him and talked with Him. Before Jesus was here they looked forward to His coming. They knew He would be here, but not when. We may look back and think they had it so much easier then walking with Him. But did they really? They had the same sins and lusts that we have today. The difference is, we don't have to wait for Him to come, we have His word right before our eyes. We don't have to miss out on anything, we can read about all that happened. We have His Living Word before us, our Compass home. We can pick up His word and hear Him speak to our hearts. No one has ever had an easy life, before us or after us. Life here on earth was never meant to be easy. Is anything worth having easy? That's where Satan tricks us. If it looks easy we are there, taking the easy way only to find ourselves wishing we would have stayed on the path before us.

I want to live each moment looking for Him, waiting for the call home. But until that call, until that trumpet sound, I want to live each moment surrounded by Him. I want to a reflection of Him. I want others to see Him through my life. If there is any good that comes from my life it is all Him. He gains all glory. Praise Jesus for giving us life. I praise Him for yesterday, today and for all that tomorrow holds before me. With Jesus in the spotlight, with all eyes on Him, think of what glory could take place, and one day we will see Him in all His glory before all men.

Shine before us Lord,in this dark world we live in, so that we may see You. May our lives speak Your name and may we show our love by always keeping our eyes on You. How are liven today? May today be the day we choose to live for Him and be sold out Christians for His glory not our own.
Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever."
Matthew 24:42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."
Matthew 24:44 "So you must also be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him."
Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is his good, pleasing and perfect will."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...