Saturday, April 24, 2010

feeling a bit under the weather?

When you home school your children you continue to learn right along with them, and for each year I have taught my children, I think I have learned more than I did my whole school years put together.
I remember learning about weathering. The elements of this earth can be changed or effected by chemical or physical weathering. Just as a storm brews along the ocean's coast line, its still a coast line, but because of the beating and rushing waves that coast line has changed. When the trees blow in the gust of the winds coming across the land, branches may fall, leaves may wither, but that tree is still a tree. The bark of that tree protects it from danger. It is a layer of love the Lord has placed around it to give it all the protection it needs.

Just as weathering hits upon us, changes may come, but we are still the same inside no matter what is changing outward, and the Lord has placed His covering of protection around us.

Weathering: "The action of the weather conditions in altering the color, texture, composition, or form of exposed objects; the physical disintegration and chemical decomposition of the earth materials at or near the earth's surface."

The things of this world can try to alter us, change us and beat down upon us. We must be careful what we expose ourselves to, for that exposure can at times do more harm than good.

Weatherize: "To make better protected against winter weather."

For that effects us daily, the Lord weatherizes His children. He gives us His word and wisdom. He gives us His protection and holds His hand near to us. For us to be better protected we need to move closer to Him, and we need to put in action our faith. Just as before a hurricane hits, you see families coming together, helping one another place up boards around the windows, and sand bags to help protect their home. We cannot just lay down and expect God to do all the work. We must place His word in our heart and wash ourselves with Him and all He has for us.

Weather-wise: Skillful in forecasting changes in the weather. Skillful in forecasting changes in opinion or feeling."

My Father in law can tell when the weather is changing. He can look at the skies, the cows, the animals and all around. He can tell you when its going to snow and if its going to be a bad storm. God knows the storms that are coming. Our best place to be safe is beneath His arms, wrapped up tight, and close to Him. Ever go for one of those long walks through the woods or a swim and only have a storm pop out of no where? You must try to find shelter, seek safety from the harm approaching. God is our weather-wise. He knows where we need to be, and on what path.

Weatherproof: "Able to withstand exposure to weather without damage or loss of function."

In order for us to make our lives weatherproof, we must allow Christ to have control of our lives. God allows some of those storms to blow in and when they do they create change if we are focused on Him, and not the situation at hand. There is not a storm that brews that God does not have His hand in. He can calm you in the storm or calm the storm around you. Whatever it may be, He is there with us. Never leaving us to walk on our own or to seek our own shelter.

Wherever you are today my friend, know that God is there with you. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is forever the same. Nothing can change Him or take away who He is. Believe in Him, trust in Him, and place your faith in Him. Next to Him is the safest place to be.
Pslam 18:1-2 "I love You, O Lord, my Strength. The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...