Friday, April 16, 2010

can you do it?

As I went out running again this morning I was determined to go further, and that is exactly what I did. I made it further than yesterday, sweat and all, grass in my shoes, and those little scrapes on my legs from the brush didn't hold me back.
Its funny, all those impossibles are possible with the right attitude. We can turn the impossible into the possible with the strength the Lord gives us to move forward. We can look to our Savior and see all the possible by giving all we have. He gave us the greatest example and in our daily walk we have no excuses for not giving it all, not trying our best, and to push ourselves even further then we thought possible.

There are days where I cannot get out of bed. There are days when I think the pain is going to knock me completely off my feet, but then I have these days where the sun is shining, and I feel a strength I didn't know was there. When we give it our all we feel alive, we feel free, and we feel a strength that can give us all we need to soar. We can soar like the eagles when we place our faith in Christ. Isaiah 40:30-31 sets me on a course of knowing with Christ anything is possible, and with Him nothing can hold us back! "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." Doesn't that just make you want to get up and go for God? There is nothing to hold us back from being all He has called us to be!

Philippians 4:13 says: "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." He doesn't say some things. He doesn't say only some can. He says "I" and "Everything". That means you and I can do everything and anything set before us with the strength He gives. When its God's will for us, He gives us what we need and meets us right where we are.

Even in those days where I know I will not reach my feet to the floor, I can still do all I can for Him. I can pick up my phone and send texts of encouragement. I can call others and lift them up in hope. I can read His word and saturate myself in His love. Even on those days where the pain is deep, that is not my que to give up. If anything its my desire to push forward, to overcome, and to press on. I can do this when I have those around me encouraging me, and I know with the hope the Lord has given I can do all things through Him.

It's not always what I am doing for Him, but what He is doing for me. He is more interested in what He is doing in us than through us. When I turn everything over to Him, He shows me whats possible. In my weakest moments He shows me His strength. In my lowest points He shows me His highest!

He is all things to us. He gives us what we need for each day. He never ceases to amaze me in His greatness and mercy. When I am hurting, He covers me with His comfort. When I am confused He fills me with His understanding. When I am weak He is strong. Nothing is unusable! God can use everything and anyone for His glory. Never sell yourself short for Him. Through us He can accomplish great and mighty things. In Him we find who we are called to be.

Never give up. Keep pushing forward. It is through that fight that we see His power and might!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...