Thursday, December 31, 2009

who are you all about?


Do you ever find that there are times where we are all about ourselves? We live in our own little box, our own little circle, never looking out the window, but looking in the mirror. When we spend our time thinking, it is usually about us, somehow or another, but when we are thanking, it is all about Him. Some are caught up in themselves, they won't reach out to others, where you have others who are always reaching out, and not focusing on them. I don't think Jesus spent much time focusing on Himself, He was all about His Father, who in turn brought Him to love those around Him. There is also a flip side to this, we can be so focused on the outside world, that we lose sight of our heart and what is right.We lose sight of our relationship with Jesus. So as Christians we must find the even ground, and that begins with the foundation of Jesus in our lives. When we totally focus on Him and Him alone, He shows us the needs of others, He shows when to reach out and when to pray. He keeps our eyes off ourselves, for life is not about us, its all about Him. The song, "I have friends in low places", is a true song, for it is when you are low, down and out, that you find out who your friends are. Jesus is there in those low places, waiting to lift us up out them, as we too should be for those hurting. Me, is such a selfish word, I is just all about Me. When i live my life as "i" and let Him live in "me", that kind of changes my whole perspective of life, who i am and who He is, and how i am to love those around me, to care for those around me, and to give to those around me. When we draw a circle, we should be on the outside of that circle, not on the inside, we don't draw a circle around us, we build a circle around those hurting and in need. I have to constantly keep myself in check, not being overly concerned with me and making sure i keep my eyes upon Him. Life is all about having things in the right perspective, its always about serving and loving Christ, and when we choose to live that way, we will in turn love and serve those around us. For me, my bible is my guide to living a self free life, and making my life about Him. I don't always get it right, most of the time I get it totally wrong, but the Lord knows my heart, and each day I will strive to live for Him, and spend a little less time thinking about me, and more time thanking Him. I cannot live for me and Jesus at the same the time.
Matthew 6:24"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all things shall be added to you."
Lord, help me to keep my eyes off myself, to keep upon You, Lord, and only You, knowing that when I do, You will take care of the rest, give me strength to live each day and the grace to forgive my wrongs. Help me to realize i am nothing without You, but i am everything with You~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...