Monday, December 21, 2009

a priviledge

Do you seek the Lord early in the morning? Do you seek Him at night? Do you call upon His name all throughout the day? When He calls our name, do you rise to hear Him speak? It is a privilege for us to spend time with the Lord. It is a privilege to hear Him call our name, and it is a privilege to feel His love. The more time we spend with Him, the more we know Him, and the more we know Him, the more time we will spend with Him. What better season to remember just how blessed we are? What better time is there to make a change, to spend more time with Him, and to take a walk with Him that is more sweet than anything we could ever gain elsewhere? For us to be strong in the Lord and never give up hope, we must learn to spend more time with Him, just not talking, but time listening. Its not how much scripture we read, its how much time we reflect on what we read. Its taking God's word and applying it to our hearts, its living out what we read. We can read all day long, but if it is not applied to our hearts, it is worthless. For us to draw near to the Lord is such a humble privilege, why do we often take it for granite? Each moment we spend with Him should be considered a timeless opportunity. For we didn't choose Him, He chose us, He wants to spend time with us! The question is, do we want to spend time with Him?

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."


I know in my own life I need to seek Him more, I need to know Him more, and let myself and my wants go, stop saying I am so busy, and begin my day with the Lord, listening to all the blessings He has to share with me. I know on those days where I put God off, my day is just not right, but on those days I wake to Him, to His word, it doesn't matter what that day brings forth, it is a blessed day, because I am walking with my Savior.


May we honor Him today by spending time with Him, by sharing with Him, and trusting Him with all we have, trusting not in ourselves, or this world, not worrying about what today will bring, but believing the Lord is in control and our faith will bring us through everything and God's word will fill us with all He wants us to see and know~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...