Thursday, December 17, 2009

having faith in the unseen

We seem to place our faith in the wrong things, and at times we only place our faith in the things in which we can see, but is that really faith? Faith is believing in the unseen, the things in which we know are there, but we cannot see with our human eyes, for God's ways are much higher than ours. When we see the leaves of the trees blowing, when we feel the cool breeze, we cannot see the wind, but we know its there. We believe our parents when they speak of our birth, although we cannot remember our birth, we know without a doubt it happened in faith. We cannot see the white blood cells in our blood, but by faith we know they are there to protect our bodies against disease. Why do speak of miracles? We do because many times its something we cannot see with our own eyes, but we know the healing took place, we know the angels were there to protect us against harm by faith. In the nature around us, we often hear people say,"If a tree fell in the woods and no one was there to hear it would it still make a sound?" That sound still takes place by faith. When someone tells of a story, we often look at them with amazement, even though we weren't there to witness the wonder we still believe by faith. Just sit for a spell and think of all the things that we know to be true, but have never seen them with our eyes, but we believe by faith. I was not there when my Savior gave His life for me, but I believe with faith. I was not there when the hurting woman touched the hem of His garment, but by faith I believe in her healing. I was not even there when the bible was written not by man, but of the Holy Spirit through them, but with faith I believe upon those words that have become a beacon in my life. When I call out to Jesus in my time of need, I do not see Him stand or kneel before me, but with faith I know He is there holding my hand, seeing me through each step. There are wonders still being discovered, and wonders that the smartest scholars cannot explain, but when we have faith, we don't have to explain, we just believe, knowing that our world around us was created by a mighty God, and in that everything big and small speaks His name. His glory is shown through all that has been touched by His hand. When I went in for surgery for a lump in my neck, and the doctors could not find it, we knew God had brought healing to me. I did not see His hand touch me with His healing power, but with faith, I believe. We don't have to argue our faith with those who do not believe, our Savior has shown Himself throughout His amazing creation. Everything shouts His name in praise. Are you looking for faith today? Does your faith need strengthened? You don't need to look any farther than your heart. Our eyes can be opened to the beauty of the Lord by just believing and trusting in Him. Today whatever is burdening you, let it go and trust in Him. Although we can see trouble all around us, He can see the healing, the strength and the comfort we need. He is there if we just call His name. Can you see Him? As I look at the nature around me, as I study science, as I look to the beauty of my children I can see Jesus in all around me. Our friends are not always present in our lives daily, but in faith we know they are there with us in love.

Romans 1:17 " For in it the righteousness of god is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, the just shall live by faith."


Romans 10:17 " So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by faith."


2 Corinthians 4:18 " While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."


Ephesians 2:8-10 " For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. for we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...