Friday, November 6, 2009

not my finest moment

Today was one of those days where I was not walking in the Spirit, I wasn't even close to walking in the Spirit, in fact I was far away from the Spirit. It was one of those moments you wish so badly you could take back, one in fact that as I stood there saying these words to another, I couldn't believe my mouth was speaking in such a way, it was not my finest moment. Have you been there also? It tends to happen to me when I am not in the best of moods, and I can stir up any excuse I can think of to make what I had just done make all the sense in the world, only it doesn't, in fact the thought me trying to make an excuse for my behavior only makes it worse. I am to walk in the Spirit and show love, today I did not do that, I showed the opposite of love, I did not point another to Christ, but away from Him. We are to show grace to another, today I did not show grace as God shows me, but I showed something entirely different. When we make such a mess of things, we often stand back and think,"What in the world just happened here?" We find ourselves caught off guard as satan is behind us just laughing it up. Satan doesn't make us do things, he doesn't make our choices or make our mouths move, our own selfishness does it all on its own. As I stumbled today, it was my son who was there to say,"Mom, do you know what you just said to that man?" It was my son who was teaching his mom,"You just made a whopper of a mistake!" That is a day to be humbled, it is a time to share with your son that it was not your finest moment and you are so very sorry. It is often our children who teach us the most. You know they don't come with a manual, you learn as you go with your children, and you know you have taught them well when they are the ones correcting you. In Ephesians 4:1-6 it says this; " I therefore, the prisioner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." As I walk I should be walking in the Spirit, I should be showing hope, faith, and I should be a witness for Christ. I should be walking worthy of the One who gave me such mercy and grace, for I should be giving those blessings to those around me. We are not only to walk in unity, but to keep unity with one another, bearing each others burdens and showing Jesus to those around us. Today was one day I struggled, one day I stumbled, it is not the first and it will not be the last, but I know I have a forgiving God, a God who loves me, a Redeemer and a deliverer. If you are like me and you stumble often, do not beat yourself up about it, but turn to the Lord, share with Him, and allow Him to cleanse you of your sin and get in His word to see just how we should be walking, and put on the armor daily to help us overcome and to stand tall with the Spirit living in us. Ephesians 6:11-20 tells us just what the armor is, and how we are to wear it. If we can take the time each morning to put on the armor of God, and to place the fruit of the Spirit in our hearts our walk is going to be Christ like and others are going to see Him through us. Lord I thank you for Your word, for Your love, and for Your everlasting grace, may I walk in Your Spirit and may I not lose my way by taking my eyes off of You, but keep my eyes upon You and stay focused to who You have called me to be~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...