Saturday, October 31, 2009

another trial?

When I take a look around I see so many going through different trials, different seasons in their life. It seems just as one leaves another is standing at the door of your heart. I have friends who are going through trials, trials that seem to gather in clusters and attack just when you think all is calm. It breaks my heart to see them hurt in such ways, it tears me apart to face them myself, for after awhile you are just aren't sure if you can take another day, another trial, another falter in your steps. But we can with the grace of God, with the strength of God, and with a faith that doesn't move, He will guide us through each one, give light so we can see, and give wisdom for us to know. For the One who gave His hand to make the universe, there is nothing too big for Him to face, and with Him on our side, what do we have to fear? Lay them down today, lay all of your burdens down, let the tears fall, open your heart that has been holding it all in, and allow Jesus to take the heaviness off your heart, and fill it with peace and a joy knowing that He is there. In James 1:2-4 it says; "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." I know it is hard when you are facing a trial to have joy, for me is was a struggle to think it was possible, but the Lord brought me through each day with His love, with His grace and it was His strength that helped me to get out of bed, to smile again, to laugh again, and to know what hope really is. Hope is believing in God, knowing He has a purpose and plan and I am in His hands and there are no better hands to be in. I didn't always turn to Christ when my trials came, I thought I could handle it all on my own, but He quickly showed me when I give up my pride, when I know I am not strong without Him, He is there and He is going to move in me, He is going to show me something through this trial. We don't alway see what He is doing at first, sometimes it takes years before He shows us, but He is also working in others. Our lives all intertwine with one another, for we are His children, when one is touched by a tragedy, a trial, there are many in the picture that we cannot see but God places them there right when we need them, or right when they need us. For what we are going through there are also others feeling the same pain, and as we learn from our trials, we can show others the grace of God and what happens when we place our faith in Him with all we have. Trials are outward circumstances, sufferings, and troubles encountered by all believers. Just because we believe it doesn't mean we will have lives without trials, it is through those trials that we really find Jesus, we find ourselves, and we are set free from the chains that are holding us back. As we go through trials God is refining us just as the refining of gold brings out the real beauty, He is molding us for something far greater, but we have to look past the trial, past our circumstances and look to Him for He will show us beauty in all we face. So when those trials come look for the beauty, look up and know God is there, He hasn't left and when you are hurting the most is when He is going to show up and behold a beauty in you, a feeling of freedom and through that freedom comes joy. Never give up, never close your eyes, when the pain is strong crawl up in your Savior's lap and feel His loving arms around you. Some of us have lost children, some have strained relationships with their children or their family, some have lost loved ones, some are fighting for their lives, some feel as though their lives are falling apart, some the hurt is so great you think you can't go on, but the Son is going to shine again, He is going to show you how great His love is, it is in those clouds that we see the rainbow, the beauty of God, and no matter what you are facing, He is there for you, don't allow your fear to take over and become that very fear, let go of the fear and let God's strength set you free, for His freedom will take you places you never thought you would be. For me I know this, for I didn't think I would make it through my trials, I thought my life was over, but God showed me what life is when I take His hand and trust in Him, to hear Him say to me,"Be still my daughter", gives me faith, gives me hope and strengthens my belief in Him~
Post a Comment

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...