Tuesday, September 8, 2009

no watered down message for me

For me, I do not want to hear a watered down message. I want to hear the word of God, to be broken, to be changed, to be moved, to be inspired, to be on fire for Christ, and to hear the Word. I don't want a watered down message, flowery words, and a message packed full of man's version. I want to hear God's word spoken to move me in my seat, to open my eyes and ears to all He has for me to learn. I want to hear the Word that will bring me to my knees and move me to do great and mighty things for Him. Too many times today we hear messages that just make us feel good about God. I want to hear of the coming of the Lord, I want to learn about the end times, I want to have my broken for the lost. I want to have the understanding of Revelation, I want to hear of the things to come and the things to keep watch about. I want to hear of heaven and all we have ahead of us who believe. To understand that over 50% of those who attend church every Sunday are not saved is an astounding number to hear. So for me I have to question myself and ask, "Am I doing all I can do to learn and to witness to those around me?" As we go to church we are under our Pastor, but it not his sole responsiblity to teach me all he knows. I have to search God out on my own. I have to read and study His word to be broken for a lost world. It is my responsibility to purchase my own studies to learn and grow as a christian. We have to realize, just because our parents are saved doesn't make us saved, just because we are attending church each Sunday doesn't make us saved. For all the good deeds we do, for all the reading we do, there is more, so much more. We can't just say, "I believe in Christ", to be saved. It has to come from from a heart that is yearning for Christ. We have to live it, we have to give our lives to Him, we must give Him control over our lives, it is so much more than saying the words, we must believe without a doubt, and trust without doubt, we must take up our cross that Christ bore for us and die to ourselves, letting Christ live through us. Its not something we keep to ourselves, its not a secret, its for us to spread the gospel to all we meet. So many people today think they have time, they think I will live my way today and when I am older I will settle down and let the Lord in my life. We must show them that is not the way to Christ, tomorrow may not come. Some have made remarks about me placing verses on my facebook page, for me thats what facebook is, it is a place to reach out to so many who are lost, and be the example I am to be. For me, I fall short in so many of these areas in my life, but that is the amazing thing about Christ, I will never match that mark He has given. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 "As it is written: There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God, they have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one." Romans 3:10-12 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:23-26 "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 "So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way" Romans 14:12 "Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple. For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace will crush satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen" Romans 16:17-20 "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on hight things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rathergive place to wrath; for it is written, ' Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord. Therefore if your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in doing so you will heap coals of fire on his head. Do not be overcome be evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:9-21 Throughout these verses it speaks much of love, much of being the example, having hope and faith. It is living what we say we believe. For salvation, there should be a change, a change that you have opened your heart to God and allow Him to bring change through His Spirit in you. Our salvation is between us and Christ, not anyone else. Therefore it is for us to study ourselves God's word, to set our feet on fire for Him. Why do we wait for others to move first? Why do wait for others to teach us? Why not stand and be a leader? We need to be feeding ourselves as we live out our purpose and plan for Christ. If we want to grow, we must grow with Christ not away from Him and His word. If we want to see a change in ourselves, we must step forward and accept that we are sinners in need of a God, of a Savior. I falter in many ways. I tell my son how he needs to be in God's word, when I myself have not opened my bible yet today. What we do or do not do in moderation, our children will do in excess. We are their examples, we are their teachers. What do others see when they look at you? I ask myself that same question, and there are times when I am not the example I need to be infront of others, but whether we are in front of others or behind closed doors, we should be that person that God has called us to be. If we want to be moved by God, we need to place ourselves in His word and set His message before us, reading to feed our hearts so that we may change the world with one message at a time.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...