Thursday, September 24, 2009

have you had any fruit lately?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galations 5:22-23 When we are walking in the Spirit, are our days not better? Everything may not go just as we think it should, the car may break down, you may lose your phone, you might even break your leg, but the Lord has given us what we need to face whatever comes our way. To carry all these in our hearts is just what God has called us to do. Not just to those we love, but to all around us, and if we are truely living in the Spirit, others are going to see what we have, and they are going to seek just how they can get it, and right there is your open door to share and witness before all men. When we open our hearts to share with one, they also share with another, and it keeps going. Just think what would happen if we planted the seed with everyone we meet. Wouldn't that be amazing? Fruit produces fruit, not the tree, but its the fruit that keeps it going, the seeds spread, and more trees are beginning to grow, with more fruit, and it just keeps going. When are fruit is growing, when its ripe, when we feel the Spirit move in us, we must plant His seeds everywhere we go. We might not see a change right there, but it does take time for that seed to produce, and some seeds even lie dormant until its the right time of the season to begin to take and blossom. We have to stop putting limitations and time limits on God. We must allow all things to take place in His time. He knows just what to plant, just what it needs to grow, and when the great harvest will come. We have a choice when we wake, we can either crawl out of bed and be angry, or we can start our day out with saying,"Thank you Jesus." We cannot change the attitudes or actions of those around us, but we can ours. We can begin to make a difference in our lives, and when others see the changes taking place in our lives, they too will begin to seek. Only God knows what will happen in their life, and at what moment they come to know Him, the moment they call out His name. Its not always easy to wake up with a smile, but why not? I know there are many things wrong in world, in our families that hurt so badly your not sure if you can take another step, but if we choose to put on the fruit of the Spirit, God will give us all we need to face the day. The clouds may be out, it may be pouring rain, you may need His shelter, He can give it, and He will give it when we choose to call upon Him. I must share, a few nights ago I woke with one of my severe migraines along with a wonderful panic attack. I have learned to try to breathe and call upon God. I could not go to sleep, the pain was much too great, and the fear inside was taking all I had, but I had met this wonderful friend on facebook awhile back. I sat up in bed, walked the house, and nothing was calming this panic attack, so I thought I will get on the computer. As I went to my home page I saw where she had sent me a Praise Party. I received her gift. It was 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ." I grabbed my bible, and read this verse over and over, until I began to feel the presence of God wash over me, I was calmed in His Spirit, and was able to go back to sleep soon. My friend was walking in the fruit of the Spirit. God was sending her a message, although she didn't know I was in need, He did. She was open to His Spirit, and it was able to touch me. Praise Jesus for those who walk in the Spirit and abide by Him. I am thankful and know no matter what comes, if we turn to Jesus, He will guide in our lives and in to touch others in their life. You never know what another is going through, but God always knows, and He is mighty and powerful in His ways. Make the choice today to put the fruit of the Spirit in your hearts, and begin to spread those seeds.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...