Monday, August 10, 2009

We are adopted by love...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6 We have something to be praiseful about today. Jesus picked us! He chose us! That alone should make us feel loved and adored before Him. Anywhere we are, any place we go, He is with us. He never leaves us behind, He never forgets us. As our Father, He watches over us, never letting us out of His sight. There is no such thing as fate, there is only God and His purpose and plan, and before we were born, He chose us, and chose to love us. He not only has love for us, but agape love, meaning love that is by choice or by His will. We should feel so special to be picked by Him. I cannot fathom Him choosing me, knowing I would only fail Him time and time again, but He knew that when He chose me, but even so, He chooses to still love me, never giving up. As He looks down upon us, does He carry around a big picture book as new mothers do? Does He have a scrapbook of our life before Him? Is He that proud Papa that speaks about His child to all He sees? He gave His life for us, the greatest gift to His children, so that one day we could be with Him forever. As He chooses us, we have a choice also. A choice if we accept Him in our lives or not. He never forces Himself upon us, He wants to give His love to us freely, without cost to us, but a love that cost Him His life. As I get out my srapbooks, and look at the pictures of my children I find myself in tears as the memories come floating back in time. The laughter, the smiles, and the noise in our home of all our children moving about daily fills my heart with joy. Even if I do not see my children daily, I know my heart is with them where ever they may go. My prayers are said daily for them and my love grows more and more. Although I have not faced adoption myself with a child, I know those that have, and it is a great joy for them and their families. For that little one to know they were chosen, chosen to be loved and adored forever brings a smile to their faces. Although through adoption those who are choosing a child for their home, God already knew that child would be brought to them, to fill their home with laughter and smiles. To know that we are chosen to make our days bright. We should know just how much He really loves us for all He has done for us. Take today a try to wrap your mind around being chosen by God. Remember being in school and they were choosing to make teams? Some were chosen first and some were last. This isn't so with Christ. He isn't going through the line seeking who can do Him the most good. He isn't picking the prettiest, the cutest, the funniest kid, the most popular, the one who has everything. He chooses us for the simple reason of love. He wants to bless us, He wants to send us all those gifts He has for us, but as He chooses us, we must answer His call. That He leaves up to us. So, what do you say? You know you are chosen, are you ready to receive His love? All you have to do, is answer His call, and He will reach out and grab your hand and hold it forever.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...