Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saving yourself..

As we grow as young women we are taught to save ourselves for that right young man, for that day of marriage that is so very special. I began teaching this to my daughters at a young age and also to my son. See, for me, I was one young girl who didn't save herself for that right man, my husband. Although I can say I wasn't taught to save myself, I still knew what was right, we all do. The world has a different viewpoint on this. The world teaches us that its our body and we can do with it what we want. We can turn on any television show, any movie, and it will show us that we are not cool if we are saving ourselves. Often they make fun of those who have taken that vow seriously. I wish I could do that part of my life over as I am sure my husband does. As a woman who is married now, and loves her husband, it would have been a wonderful gift to share just between us. Christ teaches us that sex before marriage is wrong. We may look at that and disagree, but I am here to share with you just how He is so right. When we take that step, that leap with another before marriage we lose something special about ourselves. Each time takes another piece of us. When your young you think your in love and this is the one for you. You think time has stopped and you will be together forever, so why not just give in to those strong feelings? For that reason alone, they are feelings, and we should never base our decisions on feelings, no matter how strong they are. To be with your husband now, and to know at times you have those memories that just pop into your head out of nowhere brings about a sadness to your heart. As young girls we can hear the words,"If you love me you will", "What, are you afraid", "Everybodies doing it". Those would be three reasons to keep yourself pure. If you are afraid, the Holy Spirit is telling you no, its not time, if everybody else is doing it, it probably isn't the right thing to do, and just to share a bond with someone, just to love someone is not a reason to give a part of yourself that you will spend the rest of your life wishing you had back. If a young man loves you, really loves you, he will want you to wait. He will want to share in that special time together with wedding bands on your fingers. If a young man is telling you your frightened, ask him, "Please go ask my daddy if we can have sex, and if we have his approval." I remember being young and in school, and at that time if kids were having sex they hid it really well, not wanting others to know. Today it is celebrated and you are esteemed high if you have been with many. In our world today what is right is wrong, and what is wrong is right. Any man or woman for that matter that says they love you, if that love is really strong, they will wait, they will stand and make sure neither of you are in that position to be tempted. The choices we make impact the rest of our days, and at times we have to live with those choices that affect us mind, body and soul. For me, I know I have been forgiven of my past, I am a child of the King. My sin is remembered no more with Him, but at times it is remembered by me. I have friends who made the choice to wait, and to hear them speak of how special it was, the bond they share with their husband brings tears to my eyes. I am overjoyed for them, but for me, I can only say I wish I could have experienced that with my husband. Don't listen to what the world says, don't listen to what the kids at school say, go to Christ, go to your parents, your christian people who can give you wise advice. We face trials and temptations of all kinds, and when we are young it is just beginning, and it doesn't get any easier, but with the Lord, we can overcome, we can stand firm and hold ourselves at a higher standard. If you have made that mistake of sex before marriage, its not too late to renew yourself in Christ and make a new day, a new covenant to save yourself for that right one that Christ brings into our lives. When we are young we allow our emotions to lead us, we allow others to lead us, and we want to be loved and accepted, just as women want the same things. If you have to sacrifice what is holy and pure its not of God, and its not His wishes for you. Our bodies are the temple for the Holy Spirit, our bodies were made to have a bond with Christ, to allow Him to live through us. Once we give in to temptation its easier the next time, and the next, and pretty soon we are in over our heads, and we are not looking to Christ any longer, because we know what we are doing is wrong, but we allow our selfishness to take over. We must not allow that temptation to be greater than our love of Christ. He can give us the strength to overcome any temptation. We don't have to be followers of the world, we can be the leaders that change this world. For me it is a process of forgiving myself. That is the hardest one for me. To forgive myself of the mistakes I have made, but if God, if Christ is willing to forgive me, to set my sins as far from the east is to the west, if He loves me, I can put my past behind me also, and just bring in a new day, with a new purpose, and a new standard for myself. We can be walking billboards for Christ. Each time we stand up and say no, we are saying yes to Christ and His will for our lives. What about you, is there something you wish you had waited on? Is there something lurking from your past, that seems to come in out of nowhere that you wish you could forget about? You can, ask for forgiveness, and ask God to wash over you with His love and comfort. You can stand proud and say no to any man, knowing you are God's princess, your His child and no other love is greater than His. If anyone is trying to get you to do things you know is not a will of God for your life, say no, and share with that person your love of Christ. If they agree, if they understand, then move forward, but if they don't agree, if they are asking of something so precious, they really don't know the meaning of love yet. I encourage you to talk with your children while they are young, share with them the love of Christ and all He is and lift your children up to Christ asking He instill in them the power to overcome temptation. I know all to well, what falling into temptation can do to your life, to your soul. If you have fallen, pick yourself back up, and allow Christ's grace to flow over you. He will quench the thirst you have, and He will quench the temptations so you will not fall into them. Today is a new day, with a new breathe, live it to the fullest with Christ living through you. Share your story so others can learn. If we stand and share the pain we have faced, we may be able to make a difference in those lives around us. Your purity is something so valuable, so beautiful, know that waiting is the best yes you will ever say, when you choose to say yes to God, and no to the world that so longs to take all you have away..."Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12 "He who loves purity of heart and has grace on his lips, the king will be his friend." Proverbs 22:12 "Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are of God's." 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 " Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 We all struggle, we all face temptations, but we can flee from them, we can overcome with Christ. Love without respect is no love at all. Love without boundaries is no love at all. We can look to God's word on love and purity to show us the way to live, to experience life at its fullest.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...