Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No just may be the greatest answer

In our prayers we want God to answer the way we are praying, but at times the best answer we can get is no. My son had wanted to take a trip last week with friends. He wanted the answer of yes, but he got a no. We trust our son, we trust those we was going to be with, but it just didn't feel right. Have you had those feelings? Those feelings that you want to say yes so badly to your child, but you know that no is the wise choice. We had to explain to our son, that this time the answer is no, and he didn't seem to understand why. As we were sharing I explained to him that all throughout his life he will want a yes answer, but at times no is the best thing we could ever have. That is why it is so important to pray about each decision we make. In our lives there is so much we want, so many times we want to move forward into something new, take a chance, cross a bridge, and when we step out on our own, we soon ask ourselves,"Why did I do that?" You have heard of those who said no to a friend only to have them in an accident an hour later, those who were to get on a plane only to change their minds while in the next few hours the plane goes down. We want that new job, it seems to have everything we want, and we hear a no. We must learn that when one door is closing another is opening. When there is a no there is also a yes that follows. That is why a relationship with Christ is so important, He is there to lead us, to show us which path to take, and which one to leave alone. Every opportunity that comes our way is not the one for us. All that crosses our vision is not meant to be in our hands. There is a time and a purpose for everything. God hears and answers all our prayers, some are yes, and some are no. We must learn to trust in Him, believe in His ways and wisdom, knowing He is in control and always knows what is best for us. When you hear a no, don't get upset, for there is a yes coming your way... "Hear my prayer, O Lord, Give ear to my supplications! In Your faithfulness answer me, and in Your righteousness" Psalm 143:1 "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You." Psalm 143:8

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...