Friday, August 14, 2009

Doing a little renewing...

As you can see I have renewed my blog. I gave it a whole new look. I changed the colors, the style, and the whole outlook, but as I changed things the words still stayed the same. I didn't destroy it all, and begin all over again. I just took what I had and made it better for me. As I refreshed my page I felt good about my decision, my colors are who I really am. I love browns, and all the fall colors. I love creating words to say what my heart is feeling. As I was renewing my blog I began to understand about what God has planned for us when He returns. He is not going to destroy all He made. He doesn't make junk, He makes beauty. When He returns He will refresh the earth, He will renew the earth, and bring it to what it should be, the way it was in the Garden of Eden,before the fall of man. God will destroy the things of evil and restore the things of good, the things of which He intended to bring glory to Him. Just as a Carpenter goes into work, and sees the job he has before him, he knows the way it should be, and he will begin to make changes to renew it to what it should be to bring about glory and beauty. He will totally gut the inside of the house, and for that matter the outside. He hasn't destroyed the house, he is just renewing it. God is our Magnificent Carpenter. He is coming to restore the earth to what He wanted it to be in the first place. After the fall of man, the earth fell right along with man, and God will come and make His claim, and renew, refresh and restore the earth again for His glory. Just as an artist is painting a portrait, over time it must be restored to its original state. The curator does not destroy the original but he greatly restores what it was to be for all to see its beauty. When Christ comes again He will restore and renew the masterpiece He designed before the fall. We can glory in knowing just how much He loves us for Him to restore the earth for His children to spend all eternity with Him. Can you just imagine? I have so enjoyed reading Randy Alcorn's book,"Heaven". It has opened my eyes and has taught me so many things. I often thought God would destroy the earth and rebuild. But why would He destroy what He made with His hands, His perfect will? He will come and restore earth and we will be made perfect in Him. What a wonderful picture of love we have before us. The Carpenter has not stopped working yet, and I can't wait to see the finished work He has begun. "So Jesus said to them,' Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration when the Son of man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on the twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28 We can see here He is using the word regeneration, not destruction. Heaven is going to be perfect in all its wonder. We can only focus on Christ and think upon heaven daily at its beauty. Although my renewing of my blog is not perfect, not all will like the new changes, words are spelled wrong and sentence structure is not at its best. But heaven will be perfect in its structure, in everything heaven will bring glory and honor to God's name. As long as we are here we can keep making changes, renewing ourselves, but we will never be perfect until we reach our destiny in heaven. "In keeping with His promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of the righteousness." 2 Peter 3:13 Are you looking forward to heaven? All the beauty that we see now that God created will only magnify His glory when it is renewed and made new.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...