Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do you need pruned?

I have an awesome friend who gave me this plant that is getting huge. Another friend shared with me how to take care of it. I was ready to throw it away, and she says, prune it, prune the branches and replant them, and they will grow much more, and your plant will spread and be beautiful. I need a new pot that doesn't leak, and I need to get new soil to place my pruned pieces. We are just like my plant! Listen. "I am the vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." John 15:1-8 Jesus is a gardener also. As He is the vine and and we are the branches we at times need to be pruned so our branches will grow more, bear more fruit, and branch out making all beautiful that He has done. My husband loves being in the garden and I love seeing him out there, while he is trimming our tomato plants and he is taking all the weeds out, and he is carrying vegtables in by the dozens. Isn't it just like Jesus to teach us something that we can relate to? To teach us from His creation is even more glorious. Just as my plant needs new soil, we too need to make sure we are planted in the right soil. Jesus needs to be our pot, and we need to be planted deep in His soil, His word. Once we are planted deep, we can begin to grow, and as we grow He prunes us, cuts our branches that are holding us back and keeping us from growing more. As we grow and we are bearing more fruit we are bringing glory to His name. I love my little plant, and as I begin my project of replanting it, I will also fellowship with my Savior in prayer and as I prune my plant I will ask of God what needs pruned in me. It may not be fun to always be pruned, but God knows what is best for our lives, and what is holding us back and what can make us grow more, just as an amazing gardener as my husband or my friend knows about plants and vegtables. They know which plants to plant where, and when to put them out, they know the growing seasons, and the harvest time. Just as the vinedresser cleans the fruit of bugs and diseases my husband has been doing the same in his garden he has taken such care of. He has cleaned the vegtables, cleared out the weeds and has a beetle catcher for the bugs eating his harvest. God amazes with His glorious love, and the care He takes for us. He is pleased and blessed when we are living and abiding in Him. Are you needing a little pruning, are you bearing the right fruit, or maybe you just need new soil to plant your feet? We can turn to Jesus and He will make us look beautiful in His garden...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...