Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You were there with me

What are you facing this morning as the sun rises and your eyes are opened? Has a trial come into your life? Are you facing cancer, are you fighting off a sickness, have you lost your husband, have your children left for college or just left home? Are you struggling with your new baby, do you have a lost one your praying for? Are you at a fork in the road and not sure which way to go? Have you been searching this world to satisfy, and nothing is hitting the spot? If you are not facing one of these today, you may know someone who is. It a trial has not touched you yet in life, it will. On our knees God can supply all our needs. We each have a God spot, a place deep inside that He placed there full of His love. He is there this morning, just as He was last night. Each of us hold so many hurts, sickness, and pain that we need to let go of and allow God to cover with His love and comfort. "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1 John 5:4-5 Our faith allows us to overcome Satan, the trials we face, the hurts we carry and all that we will face each day. We are never facing anything alone, He is always there with us. I have had panic attacks for just about six years now. They just kind of came into my life without warning, and out of nowhere. I remember when the first one came, I thought I was dieing. I was terrified of what I was facing. Panic attacks are not fun, they are frightening and they take over your life. When mine first occurred there was nothing on my mind, there was nothing I was facing, they just seemed to come out of no where. Not long after my migraines began to get much worse. There were many trips to the hospital and to doctors until they finally figured out what was happening to me. There were nights I didn't want to go to sleep because I thought I would not wake up. There were nights of painful migraines along with the panic attacks that I faced and never had I been so scared. As they kept increasing, I was falling apart. My life seemed to be spiraling out of control. Life as I knew it came to an end. There were those nights I could hear a voice telling me,"Just end it all, end it all today." Yes, there were those nights after I had a migraine for weeks that I thought I couldn't take it anymore. I remember a night when my husband wanted me to come in and lay down and watch television with him. I stood there in the doorway and fell apart. I could not take another step into my own room. I was so fearful that I was coming to an end, and for me,I didn't want to go on any longer. I prayed, and prayed, but my migraines and panic attacks were raging on. One night after days without sleep, I was laying in bed with the television on, and I felt someone take my hand, and I heard,"Sweet daughter, be still and know that I am near." I know the Lord came to me that night. I felt His comfort, and I was able to close my eyes and sleep like I never have before. I knew He was with me, I could feel Him with me. Although my panic attacks and migraines have not stopped, they have gotten better, and through that trial, from the beginning until now, I know Christ was with me. When you feel the presence of God it is a feeling that is indescribable. It is one of love mixed with many emotions, and covered with His mercy and grace. He brought me healing. Not that I am healed of the panic attacks or migraines yet, but He healed me inside. He gave me hope, He gave me peace in the storm. He filled me with His strength, and I no longer was trying to make it through the night by myself, I was leaning on Christ to bring me through. Instead of hearing the words of Satan to end my life, I no longer had the weakness to listen to him. God had filled me with His power to overcome. When trials come Satan is there to attack us, and he tries to bring us to our knees. Well, to Satan's surmise that is right where I needed to be. I needed to be on my knees with Christ.As he was trying to bring me down, Christ lifted me up. Christ with me on my knees was the picture Satan did not want to see. So I can't say the attacks of Satan will come to an end, but it is a beginning to healing with Christ. I remember me going to my Pastor and sharing with him how I couldn't do it anymore, I didn't want to be here. He was able to bring me wisdom of God, and to help me see the big picture. I didn't need to overcome the year, or the month. I needed to overcome each day, one minute at a time, and with Christ that was possible. Without Christ, without my husband and my Pastor and my circle of close friends I know I would not have made it. God knew what I was going to face, He knew when it was coming and He placed all these in my life to help bring me through. God took care of me, just as He does today. Whatever you are facing today, let the Lord help you through. Let Him take the lead, and walk you through whatever you are facing today. Satan can make us think we are alone, and crazy. We are never alone, and I wasn't crazy, I was being tossed in a storm, that God didn't take me out of, but He has calmed me while I go through it. Allow Him to dry your tears, allow Him to lift you up, and give you strength today. Call out to Him and He will be there to take your hand just as He did mine. "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also have glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:1-5

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...