Friday, July 24, 2009

The great "I am"

"And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel,'I AM has sent me to you'." Exodus 3:14 "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God" Isaiah 44:6 "And Jesus said to them,'I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:35-40 "Then Jesus spoke to them again saying,"I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12 "I am the Door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture." John 10:9 "I am the Good Shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep." John 10:11 "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11:25 ""Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through Me."John 14:6 That is alot of "I Am's" and it should change our thinking of when we speak. We so often start out with I am this or I am that. We are so focused on "I", can we really see and know the real "I AM"? We begin sentences with I am so tired, I am so hungry, I want that new dress, I want to go on vacation, I want, I want , I want, and I am, I am, I am, is what is coming from our lips daily. We are so focused on ourselves, do we really ever think about the great "I AM" and who He is and all He is doing for us? For me to think back at yesterday or the day before and think of how many times I said,"I am" is unspeakable compared to the times I was speaking of the "I AM of my life. He should be the first thing we want to talk about, the first thing we want to share, and so many times in conversation He is not. We can change the way we speak, we can change our thinking, and we can place our minds on the "I AM" and share all He is and all He does. He should always come before me in all I do. For me as a christian I can do better, I can share HIM instead of me.For without Him, there would be no me. We have the "I AM" as our Savior, as our God, and our Redeemer, shouldn't we be speaking of Him much more, for without HIM, we would be nothing.His story never gets old, never changes and is always there, why do we not share His story before we share ours? May His name be glorified today throughout all of earth, may we speak boldly of His name, and of His power, and of His works. Let today be all about Him..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...